Chapter 12

[ T I M E S K I P (1 M O N T H) ]

I've become very good friends with Shiro and Hiroshi now. I've even started talking to them outside of school.

Right now we're walking into a forest with Tatsuya, Koharu and Kenji. Koharu says theres a place that is the perfect picnic spot and that we should go there. I'm currently carrying the picnic basket. It's not as heavy as Koharu said it was but I guess its because of my training.

Right now, everything seems too good to be true. I talked to Aniko about it last night but she told me not to worry. It still feels like things are going to go wrong.

Perhaps she's right. I'm always worrying about something, I should have fun and "enjoy my teenage years" as Bonolenov used to say.

Is it weird to have dreams about dead people? I dream about everyone that I've lost. Shizuku, Bonolenov, Shalnark, Kortopi.. I have dreams about all of them.

I miss them a lot. I really liked Shizuku as well. She reminded me of an older sister, the older sister I could've had if Alluka didn't have Nanika inside of her. When Shizuku died, I kept my distance from Aniko for a while because I felt like I was replacing her but then I realised she would've wanted me to be happy.

Even though I care for the Phantom Troupe and see them as my family, I can't help but wonder where I would be if my family wasn't the way it is. Would Killua and Alluka still be in the house? Would Killua have still left? Would I know Aniko? It's scary to think I wouldn't have met everyone I know if my family was different or if I had listened to them.

I promised myself I wouldn't think about the Zoldycks, especially Killua and Alluka and there I've just done it. I used to have hope that Killua would come back for me after he took Alluka but I soon gave up on hoping for something that would never happen. Killua and Alluka don't care for the Zoldycks. They don't want anything to do with me, even if I don't talk to our family anymore.

"Kalluto?"

I blink. I turn my head to the side and see Koharu looking at me with furrowed brows.

"Are you okay?"

I nod.

"Where are the others?" I ask.

"I told them to go to the spot. I could tell something was bothering you and I wanted to speak to you without them bothering you." She says. "So, whats really bothering you? You can tell me anything, I'm your friend. I'm here for you."

"If I told you, you'd hate me." I say.

She shakes her head.

"No I wouldn't."

She sits down beside a tree and pats the spot next to her and smiles. I sit down, staring at my legs.

We sit in silence for a few minutes.

"I'm in the Phantom Troupe." I say, breaking the silence.

"That's it?" She asks. "Kalluto, I won't hate you for that. Although, it does unnerve me that you've killed people but I don't hate you. You're still my friend."

"That's not all." I say.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I ended up telling her everything. About Killua, about Alluka, about the Troupe, about my family and about what happened at the party. When I stop talking, I look up to see her looking at me with a frown.

Suddenly, she hugs me. Tight and loving, just like Aniko.

"You've been through so much." She whispers. "If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm right here, Kalluto."