Chapter 12: Return to Crescent Lake

"We could, but it would take too long. You need to go. If she finds out elves from the Silvergrove are here, she will go onto you. You need to return safely." Livia said.

"No! We won't turn our back on our people. I hate seeing them think like this!" Tiadrin replied. "I agree with Tiadrin." Lain said.

"Fine brother. But we must devise a plan first." Livia said.

"Leave the planning to me." Tiadrin smirked.

———————————————————————————————————

"The plan is ready. The next morning, you do her illusion but when she walks on stage to announce, you remove it, then you leave to avoid being captured. Then we turn the elves against her and take her out." Tiadrin said. The two siblings nodded.

When the next morning arrived, Tiadrin and Lain hid in the crowd. Livianna waved her hands from the back. Just as the mage walked on stage, the illusion disappeared and revealed the mage. Livianna ran out of the village and mounted onto Rayla's back. She soon disappeared. The village was full of gasps.

"That was an illusion!"

"She's no leader of ours!"

"The two elves were right!"

As suspected, the elves, mages and warriors charged at her. All the mage did was watch. She then disappeared. Everyone stopped.

"What's going on?" Tiadrin asked. Lain himself seemed shocked too. Suddenly, a horse's hooves were heard from behind the village. It was an army. She must have collected them from the camp. It was a small army, but the elves were outnumbered.

"She's brought an army!" Lain said. "There's nothing we can do."

"Then we must stay and fight." came a voice. Livia starred at them from the skies. "Take the children to the shelter. We will not surrender again!"

The elves roared and charged while the elderly took the children away. The mages were conjuring illusions to scare the horses and it was working. The numbers were retreating.

"We will not fall again into the hands of a tyrant!"

Even Rayla joined the fight, toppling soldiers over. Soon, the battle was over and the dark mage and the rest of the humans retreated to the forest.

Livia settled down and told the two to leave.

"You must leave. You need to live your lives, and I will spend mine tethering the village back together. she said with a warm smile. And once again, they waved goodbye.