Chapter 6: Into Fear

The plans were complete. It was time to set off.

Originally it was Tiadrin's own idea, but soon to come the rest of the elves agreed that it was the best idea they'd had in a while. Now, it was time to pull it off.

After months of collecting information on infiltration missions, they finally had enough information to do what they needed.

They were going to go inside the castle of Katolis to steal ancient dark magic artefacts.

If they could get the right ones, it could put the kingdom back one step, giving Xadia an advantage.

She stroked Rayla one last time before she rode away with the others on a moon strider.

"Remember, this is a dangerous mission. You have all put down your flowers, and now, it is time for the binding. We are bound for a freedom." Laveer said.

She looked forward as he came around to bind their arms.

"The Light reflects the Dark, like elves reflect humans." Sintor said.

"Our will, our strength, and our life for Xadia!" Runaan continued.

"Moon reflects sun, as death reflects life!" Tiadrin said.

"For Xadia!"

As the sun went down and the full moon rose, they changed, almost invisible. One by one they zipped past the guards and crept silently to the underground room.

"By what information we collected, the room is right here. We must now insert the code." Lain whispered silently.

Tiadrin recited the code she had seen the human mage do on one of the infiltration missions. She quickly tapped the right ones and slid down the stone stairs.

"Remember, if we fail to get the right book we need, we are bound to life." Sintor hissed.

She nodded and darted around the room.

After about a few minutes of searching, a pile of dust erupted.

"I've got it." Laveer said. "Now let's finish what we started.

They continued to dig until they all had one artefact. However, it wasn't the smoothest.

"There's a mage incoming!" Laveer said.

Tiadrin looked at the moon opal necklace around her neck. She tore it out and tossed it to Lain.

"Do it, now!"

He mumbled an incantation under his breath and the opal glowed into a pale blue. Just as the mage entered, the illusion took form. They held their lips shut and waited. The mage grumbled as she unsuccessfully didn't find what she needed. She let out a sigh and walked out.

They released our positions.

"Thank you Lain. Good to have a mage with the assassins." Sintor smiled.

Thanks to the moon opal, they were free and made it home without the bindings successfully.

———————————————————————————————————

"We have found something...shocking."

Tiadrin listened closely.

"They have an entire map of Xadia, with points that tell where is the most vulnerable. Silvergrove is the next target."