Chapter 18: A Past in the Future

~Rayla~

The soft smell of feathers drifted about as Rayla's nose sniffed the air. She woke up with undeniable sweat on her forehead and a loud screech outside. She was still in the chair, untouched beside Lujanne. She slowly untied herself and Lujanne did the same.

"Well, my great-granddaughter, how was that?" Lujanne said, sounding rather pleased.

"It gave me...more of an understanding. Of not just me, but also of my surroundings and who I really was. Still surprises me I'm the reincarnation of a bird." Rayla said. Lujanne snorted playfully in response.

After fully untying themselves, Rayla hears heavy panting and muffled yells. Loud footsteps approach them and she sees it was Callum, Ezran Soren and Allen. Bait and Phoe-Phoe followed not far behind.

"You're awake!" Callum exclaimed, running in for a hug. She hugged him tight and smiled.

Allen took Lujanne's hand and they walked out of the Nexus, leaving Soren, Callum and Ezran along with the two pets behind.

"So, what did you find out? After all you were out for half the day like Lujanne said you would be." Ezran said. Rayla laughed and shook her head. "I found out many things. I might not be able to explain them all in one go."

"Alright, so from what I've heard you and Lujanne were in a spell for half a day, about some Moonshadow stuff?" Soren asked, sounding confused.

"Basically." Callum replied before she could. "If it's so complicated, then you can explain when we get inside.

Inside the comfy area of the cabin, everyone huddled around the fire while Rayla and Lujanne started to tell them about what happened.

Rayla started off about her parents escaping their old village, then how they were assassins. Then Lujanne explained that she was actually Rayla's great-grandmother, and that Rayla's parents had met up again in Silvergrove many years after. Rayla continued to explain how she was from an ancient race, that her father was a mage and her mother's bird Rayla. It was finished off when it came to the fight against the humans and her reincarnation into who she was now.

"That's... actually really complicated." Callum said.

"Agreed." Ezran said, munching on a jelly tart. Soren nodded his head.

"So now we know there is another race of Moonshadow elf. And that it could be still there." he pointed out.

"Possibly still. But remember, those events in the spell happened 15 years ago." Rayla replied.

"Then after we reunite the two parts of Xadia again, we can search for Crescent Lake. It might take a while, but I'm eager." Callum said.

"Well, now we know what truly happened to my parents. It is really a past in the future." 

I can't believe it either but the end is very, very near

fancycle