chapter 7 :: the man called muzan

WARNINGS this chapter may contain the following:

foul language, mentions of blood

Shit, she missed him!

Her eyes wandered to the smashed floor, her emotions in a mess. On one hand, she wanted to be surprised that her friend had this amount of strength to damage the ground. On another, she was annoyed knowing that the demon had gotten away.

And on to add onto her worry as the girl made her way back to her brother, what if she was injured? Sure, she was a demon now, but demons got injured too.

These things...they're more annoying than bugs, she thought in annoyance, pushing Kazumi back as one of the demons launched itself at Nezuko. She sensed one of the copies appearing behind her, and so she stood guard behind Kazumi, her sword pointed towards the demon. This copy was a lot quieter than the other two, but the look he had in his eyes made her feel nauseous. Focus Tamashii, you've got to protect Kazumi. Tanjiro and Nezuko, she looked at them through the corners of her eye. They're strong. I know they can handle themselves. She took a deep breath, watching the creature wearily. Counting Nezuko, there's three of us and three of them. We're evened out.

"Nezuko, Tamashii!" Tanjiro called out. "I'm going underground! I want you to protect those two! You can do that, right?" She turned her head slightly to catch a glimpse of him stepping in the shadow that led to the swamp demon's domain.

"Don't die in there!" she yelled, watching him nod his head before he disappeared. "Shit...Nezuko," she glanced at the girl. "You can handle that guy, right?" She nodded in response, her claws out as the demon growled. "Good, then I shouldn't have to worry then." As she spoke, she sliced the 3 horned demon's arm off, pushing Kazumi with her movements to prevent them from getting hurt. She sucked at her teeth when one of the claws cut her cheek, kicking him backwards and making a run towards him. "Damn it, just die already!" she seethed, cutting the lower half of his body. "You're a menace."

In response, the demon gritted it's teeth, further increasing her annoyance. She glanced at Nezuko and frowned as she noticed the second copy dodging her attacks. She mentally promised herself to rush to her aid once she was through with this one.

Speaking of which, the demon launched itself towards her lower half, arms extended in an attempt to grab her into his shadow. She jumped and landed on her feet on top of the demon's head. He growled and shook his head violently in an attempt to remove her, and so she jumped, kicking his head back and landing behind him.

"Siren Breathing, Sixth form," she took a breath as the demon turned towards her. Her body moved forward in a swift motion. It tried to parry, but she was fast, spinning towards his left side. A look of surprise crossed his expression just before her blade touched his neck. "Current Shift Cut!"

His head landed on the path and crumbled into dust. She kicked at the ashes boredly for a moment before turning to Kazumi, grabbing ahold of his face and forcing it into different angles to make sure he was okay. The boy slapped away her hand and she assumed that he was uninjured, which was good.

Her focus returned to her friend. Nezuko had stopped fighting and her brother cornered the last copy of the demon. She made her way towards them, overhearing Tanjiro yell at the demon.

"You bastard!! I kill them for their own good!" the demon shouted. "If women live too long they'll turn ugly and then they won't taste good anymore! I killed them for their own good!!" Tamashii eyed him in disgust as he tilted his body to look at her. "You understand me right, girl?! It's for their own good: no one wants to grow older and uglier! With me, they never have to worry about aging! You get it, don't you―" He was cut off when Tanjiro sliced at his mouth, blood spewing out on the ground.