Some Wrecked Angel

Y/n's POV

"Y/n, you've been in bed all morning. Class is gonna start soon. Get up," Musa ordered lightly.

"No," I mumble and snuggle deeper into my blanket.

"You should be up by now since you're a morning person, so what's up?" Musa asked and sat on the edge of my bed. "You disappeared at the party yesterday, and when I got back you were already curled up in bed. What happened last night?"

"Nothing," I lie.

"Liar," Musa accused. "I can sense it."

"No you can't," I oppose. "Your problems deal with emotions, not lies. Just go away."

"Not until you tell me what's wrong. I can literally taste your guilt," Musa confessed.

I sighed and sat up. "I kissed Riven last night."

Musa frowned. "Isn't that a good thing? I thought you missed being with him?"

"I do," I reply. "But Riv still hasn't changed. He's still an arse, and he still goes around messing with first years. To make matters worse, he's hanging out with Beatrix, who only pushes him to continuing doing those bad things. I can't handle that right now, especially since I've got so much else to worry about. We've got to figure out who Bloom's mother is since she's a changeling. I've got to learn how to perform that impossible task Dowling assigned me. There's just too much on my plate right now to deal with Riven, so I'm just gonna ignore him. And hopefully that works."

..................................................

"Hey," Aisha greeted as she bumped into me. "Where are you going? There's a mandatory assembly in 5 minutes."

"I'm not really in the mood to go. Besides, it's raining outside, which means it's a good time to practice using my powers," I explain. "Just cover for me, would you?"

Aisha nodded. "Okay. Fine." 

I've got to admit, sneaking away was kind of fun. And this time, when I got out to the stone circle, no one else was there. I was alone. The vessel wasn't just a way for me to practice my powers. It was a way that I could enhance them. Do things on a bigger scale. I placed my hands on the vessel, the metal cold beneath my grasp. I opened my mind to magic, inviting in the freezing temperatures of the artic and Polaris. The cold rain around me helped, and within seconds, snowflakes rained down into the bowl in front of me. I then focused even harder and imagined my powers spreading outside of the vessel, and suddenly, it felt like the environment around me changed. When I opened my eyes, I saw that the rain had turned to snow, and the water on the ground had turned to ice. I clutched the handles of the vessel tighter, and my powers took things a step further. The snowflakes rained down harder, the temperature dropped drastically, and icicles formed on the stones around me. Instead of my body heat rising like it usually did when I used my powers, I could feel myself getting colder. I had created my own frozen tundra, and I couldn't be prouder. I had never done anything like this before.

Back in the suite, Aisha, Musa, and Terra were sitting in the common area. I shrugged off my jacket and hung it up on the coat rack, kicking off my shoes before taking a seat next to Musa on the couch. My hands were still a little cold from the use of my powers, so I rubbed them against each other, using the friction to create heat.

"Whoa, Y/n!" Musa yelped and scooched over. "You're freezing."

"Oh. Sorry," I apologize. "I was just in the stone circle, and I did something so amazing that I can't even describe it to you. And I think I fixed my issue of always being cold. Whatever I did out there, it was so powerful that it switched me back to how things used to me. Now whenever I use my powers, I'll radiate cold temperatures. Otherwise, I'll be warm, just like everyone else. Isn't that great."

"Yeah. Really great," Terra confirmed. "But we have a problem here. At the assembly, things were off. Queen Luna seemed liked she was hiding something. And to make matters worse, my dad lied to my face. Why is everyone lying to us?" 

"Maybe they had to," Aisha proposed. "Queen Luna's seems kinda big on secrets. Whatever's going on, I'm sure they think what they're doing is right." 

"Then say, 'Terra, I can't tell you.' Don't lie to me," Terra mumbled. 

"Headmistress Dowling was reading everyone at the assembly with that device made from the vessel stones, right? So, dead body, worried adults..." Aisha trailed off. 

"What if they think a fairy killed Callum?" Musa suggested. "Perhaps a fairy at the assembly. They were on edge after though, so they clearly didn't find them." 

"Guys," Sky interrupted and burst into the suite. "Is Bloom here?" 

"Sky, be honest with me. Did Silva tell you what was happening today?" I question. 

"Is this the suite drama Bloom was talking about?" Sky quizzed. 

"There is no suite drama," Musa declared. 

"Okay, I'm so lost right now," Sky admitted. 

"Dowling's assistant died and the faculty think a fairy did it. They held the assembly to find out which fairy, but they didn't because he or she wasn't there, so now we don't believe or trust literally anyone," Terra rushed out. 

"Shit," Sky cursed as realization hit him. "Beatrix. Y/n, you and I need to have a chat with Riven."

"I don't really think that's a good idea, Sky. The two of us-oh. Okay. I guess we're going now," I say as Sky dragged me out of the room. Sky led me all the way to his and Riven's room, even though I protested the whole way there. Inside of their room, Riven was sitting on the couch scrolling through his phone.

"Where is she?" Sky inquired. 

Riven frowned. "Who?" 

"The unstable sеx addict leading you around by your dick," Sky responded. "Where is she?" 

"I don't know," Riven answered.

I scoffed. "Oh come on, Riven. You've basically been by her side since this school year started. It's actually gross. Pathetic, even."

"Yeah? What's pathetic is you kissing me last night and then running away like I was the problem," Riven spit at me. "So how about you go deal with your own shit, hmm?"

"Wait a second," Sky interjected. "You guys kissed?"

"Oh, that's right. Our little friend Sky here doesn't know anything about what happened between us last summer," Riven remembered. "Maybe I should tell him."

"Riven, don't," I warn him.

"What happened between you guys?" Sky implored.

"Things got a little bit heated between us," Riven started.

"Riven," I threaten.

"We were in a relationship, Sky," Riven continued. "We kissed, made out, went on a few dates. We were even about to have sex, but that's where things got a little rough. You see, Y/n didn't like the new me, and she told me how she felt right before we were gonna take things to the next level, so I ended things. That's why we've been ignoring each other since the summer. That's why Y/n can't stand to talk to me. It's even why she flipped out on me that first night here. But then she kissed me yesterday, so now I'm a little confused on where her head's at. Tell me, Y/n, did the overwhelming urge to fuck me take over you yesterday? Is that why you kissed me?"

"I can't believe you, Riven. We promised that we'd never tell Sky about what happened. You're a massive dick," I seethe and him, my eyes beginning to tear up slightly. "God, I can't believe I ever even liked you in the first place. I hate you."

"Y/n," Sky murmured and grabbed a hold of my arm just as I was about to leave. On instinct, my powers flared up, and ice began to spready down the length of my arm. When it touched Sky's skin, he winced and pulled his hand away.

"Don't touch me," I grumble and pull my arm back. "Matter of fact, both of you just stay away from me. I'm done trying to sort this all out."