CHAPTER 10: The Team's First Mission

Jeongyeon is walking through the hallway after helping some SHIELD agents carry and place some package and metal crates full of armors and some other technology stuff to the trucks and jets at the runway on top of the Helicarrier. She was looking for someone she most wanted only to see tonight for minutes, until she finally found her.

She saw Nayeon sitting at the cafeteria, eating her dinner while chatting with Momo who also share the same table as her. Jeongyeon smiled, thinking that atleast she's feeling happy somehow. She was worried that she affected Nayeon's mood and to how she interacts with others days after she got mad at her, but good thing it seems like it didn't.

Momo saw her at the entrance which Jeongyeon already placed her index finger in front of her lips, signalling her to be quiet. She commands Momo to get out of her seat for a while. Not suprised that Momo knows why does she need to do this because definitely Nayeon told her or maybe Chaeyoung about what happened.
Momo nods and excused herself on Nayeon, saying that she needs to go to the restroom for a while.

When Momo exits the cafeteria, she approached Jeongyeon who's standing near her then whispered at her ears. "Goodluck, captain.", then pats her shoulders before leaving.

Jeongyeon replied with a faint smile and a nod. She slowly walks through Momo's seat then sat through it.

"Wow you're f-", Nayeon lift her head up to see Momo which only resulted by having a stunned look when she instead saw Jeongyeon sitting in front of her, with flat smile on her lips.

Nayeon instantly lowered down her head and proceeded to eat. "What are you doing here?"

"Nayeon please listen, I want to... apologize.", Jeongyeon finally speaks with a begging tone in her voice. Nayeon didn't made any facial or head movements as a response, just her still eating her dinner.

"I'll just talk right ahead.", Jeongyeon then cleared up her throat after noticing that Nayeon didn't responded to her. "I'm so sorry Nayeon, for what I said to you. I swear I didn't believed in those rumors. I just thought that I need to ask about it to see some confirmation about it, even though deep inside I know you are not that kind of person. I didn't do it properly and I should've watched my words first before releasing it. I didn't mean to hurt... your feelings.", Jeongyeon's voice cracked which made her stopped and a bit shocked. Her face is trembling, fighting the feeling of something she don't want to happen next.

"I hope we can finally have peace after what happened. I just don't want the effects of our problem affect our mission and how we work as teammate. I hope you can forgive me for what I did.", Nayeon is still eating while Jeongyeon is speaking through her heart.

"I just can't stand seeing you like this when it comes to me, so let me please fix it... if you'll let me to. I don't want to witness those adorable bunny smile of yours disappearing, I don't want you to act differently on me compared to others. Just... anything about you that makes me feel comfortable and happy when we're together. I don't want it to change, because I'm damn sure i'll miss all of it so bad. I never wanted to break you heart.", Nayeon stopped eating but her head is still lowered down. Her heart shaked incresingly and felt a pang in her chest as she absorbed all of Jeongyeon's words one by one. She tried her best to make herself looked uninterested whenever she see her. She tried her best to look cold around her but just hearing her voice and being in her front right now, with saddened expression, lack of energy and low tone of her melodic and angelic voice just makes her give up to herself from her, being soft instantly.

She wanted to cry in regret that she responded like that on her and for acting like this around her for labout 3 days already. It feels like torture for her, because not being able to interact and be with Jeongyeon on her side just makes her day incomplete and lacking.