CHAPTER 14: After The Battle

Nayeon woke up slowly, finds it hard to open her eyes as the lights were blinding her. She rubbed her eyes with her clenched fists to regain her sight. She slowly noticed that the sunlight coming from outside the window is responsible for this.

It was striking straight right at her body... and an another woman's body who is sleeping peacefully at her side.

Nayeon felt her left tummy being buried by something heavy, she slowly turns her head to the side; revealing Jeongyeon who is wearing plain t-shirt, denim pants  and rubber shoes... all in color black and some bit of a white. Jeongyeon is sleeping peacefully, her head laying on top of her arms while her mouth is slowly open.

Nayeon giggled at how adorable and peaceful Jeongyeon to look at while she's sleeping. She tried to remember after why is she here inside a hospital, then she recalled the time when she is staring at the outerspace; stars all around with the planet Earth behind her, as she watched the missle go straight to the Chitauri's battleship.

After she successfully sent it, her suit slowly freezes and it deactivated her suit; making her go straight into freefall back into the Earth, entering the portal again. What happened next is now  unknown to her, and she decided not to force herself to remember it more as she soon felt her head is slowly hurting; making her face crumpled a bit.

She then puts her hand on Jeongyeon's head and slowly stroked her hair. That made the Captain woke up, slowly blinks as she looks at Nayeon who is now giving her a smile.

"Good morning.", Nayeon said while continously stroking Jeongyeon's hair.

"Good morning too.", she greeted back. "How are you feeling?", Jeongyeon finally removes her head and arms on Nayeon.

"Fine. How long have you been staying here to watch me?", Nayeon asked.

"Since yesterday right after you were sent here.", Nayeon got worried for a bit but Jeongyeon already reads her mind. "You're concerned, yes. But don't worry, I've been returning here for like 2 times for something.", Nayeon then nods.

"Anyways, did we win?", Nayeon's face turned serious.

"Yes, and it's because of you.", Jeongyeon pats her arm. Nayeon felt more relief as she lets a huge breath.

"Oh thank God.", Nayeon said. "I really thought Dr. Eun and Jihyo's idea of blowing the ship will not work."

"And we really thought that you will get stuck out there in space.", Jeongyeon throws a glare at Nayeon. "Seriously, Nayeon. You really made us worry about you when you did that."

"Sorry. But, we can't do anything... that's the only way.", Nayeon sincerely apologized.

"Eat your breakfast by the way, I brought your favorite bacon and eggs with fried rice.", Jeongyeon pointed at the meal placed on a white table. "I cooked it.", she winked, making Nayeon in disbelief.

"Wait, how did you know this is my favorite?", she slowly sat on the bed while Jeongyeon js accompanying her. She reached for the meal and slowly opened it then noticed that it is still quite hot.

"Back at the night when I faced you in the cafeteria, I just heard you and Momo talking about food, then you mentioned that.", Jeongyeon said. Nayeon took a scoop of the rice and ate it.
"Wow, this is delicious."

"Hehe, thanks.", Jeongyeon got flustered. "Glad you like it."

"Mmmhmmm.", Nayeon just kept on eating after that. Jeongyeon just watched Nayeon eating. Those cheeks being puffed whenever she's chewing just makes her want to squish it and feel its fluffiness.
Jeongyeon also complimenting Nayeon repeatedly in her mind how beautiful she looks even if she just woke up.