Chapter 6

After, "borrowing" a car, the three set off to New Jersey. Flora lays down in the back to regain her strength.

"So...where did Captain America learn how to steal a car?" Natasha asks, breaking the silence.

"Nazi Germany. And we're borrowing. Take your feet off the dash."

"Alright, I have a question for you, oh, which you do not have to answer. I feel like if you don't answer it though, you're kind of answering it, you know?" Natasha asks Steve.

"What?"

"Have you kissed anyone since 1945?" She chuckles.

"Really?"

"What? I'm curious!" She laughs.

"I've kissed many people since 1945. I'm ninety-five, I'm not dead."

Flora new This was a lie, she tried to hide an innocent smile.

"Nobody special, though?" Natasha asks.

"Believe it or not, it's kind of hard to find someone with shared life experience."

"Well, that's alright, you just make something up." Natasha nods.

"What, like you?" Steve smirks.

"I don't know. The truth is a matter of circumstances, it's not all things to all people all the time. And neither am I." She nods softly.

"That's a tough way to live."

"It's a good way not to die, though." She smirks.

"You know I feel left out back here. Like a third wheel." Flora sighs.

Natasha leans over to her and grabs her chin, pulling her in for a kiss. "You are never a third wheel."

Flora stares at her in shock and lays back. "God I'm so bisexual." This makes Natasha laugh. Flora sensed Steve was uncomfortable. "Chill Grandpa. It's 2014, get used to it."

"I just can't believe you two just kissed out of nowhere. Nothing wrong with it."

Flora meditated for a couple hours, feeling much better but still needed more time for the injection to leave her body. She steps out with Steve and Natasha at their destination.

"This is it." Steve holds onto Flora.

"The file came from these coordinates."

He sighs, "So did I." As Natasha walks around, scanning the place, Steve and Flora slowly walk around. "This camp is where I was trained."

"Changed much?" Flora tries her best to see.

"A little."

She closes her eyes and smiles. "I can imagine you training here, you short and skinny." She chuckles. "You went through so much, haven't you?"

"Well...I was pretty much beat up everyday. Never ran away from a fight."

Flora hugs his side. "That's what I love about you." She nods.

Natasha steps over to them, "This is a dead end. Zero heat signature, zero waves, not even radio. Whoever wrote the file must have used a router to throw people off." Steve notices a building ahead of them. "What is it?"

Flora slowly follows behind, "Army regulations forbid storing ammunition within five hundred yards of the barracks. This building is in the wrong place." Steve opens the lock with his shield and they enter inside, when they turn on the lights they notice it's a Shield office.

"This is Shield." Natasha says.

"Maybe where it started."

They enter a room where they find old framed portraits of Howard Stark, Peggy and Col. Chester Phillips. "There's Stark's father."