Chapter 15

Laura takes Flora up to her and Clint's room, she steps into her closet and then puts down a set of clothes beside a towel. "Take a shower, and rest in here. Here is Clint's special first aid kit." She chuckles. "Do you...need any help?"

"Thank you Laura, I'll be alright." Flora smiles. "I appreciate you letting me rest in here."

"Honey it's no problem. You need to be alone right now. If you need anything at all, let me know."

Flora pulls over the chair from the vanity and takes off her shirt, trying to stitch her own wounds. Steve walks in with a bottle of whiskey and kneels down. "Let me."

"What's the whiskey for?"

"To drink." He smiles and hands it to her.

She take a big gulp and sits back as he starts stitching the gash on her side. "I have to tell you something...more about my past."

"Whatever it is...it won't matter to me. I know who you are."

"You don't Steve...you don't know who I was." She pauses and takes a deep breath as he continues to stitch her wound. "When Elektra died...I searched for Fisk's men...I went crazy. I killed so many of them, I wanted to make them pay for all the horrible things they did. I eventually found refuge in the church I grew up in....I vowed to never become that monster again. But no matter how hard I try...I can't escape form my past."

"Flora, you are not a monster. We all make mistakes." He sighs. "That doesn't change how I think of you."

"I took so many lives Steve." She says as he moves onto the wound in her shoulder.

"Were they innocent?"

"No. They were horrible people. They killed innocent people daily." She sighs.

"They are the monsters. Not you. All of us have taken a life at some point. You are not alone."

"That nightmare...it made me think you would hate me." She cries. "And I saw my father again....seeing him die in my arms again." She sobs.

"I could never hate you, Flora." He presses his forehead against hers. "You are my family."

"Family." Her lip trembles as she nods, trying to catch her breath.

"You need to shower, wash the blood off. Then rest." He stands as she takes another chug of whiskey.

"I'll stay with her." Natasha says from the doorway, she had just taken a shower, Flora could smell the lavender shampoo she used. Steve softly caresses the side of Flora's face before leaving. "I'll run you a bath instead. It'll be relaxing."

A few minutes later Natasha returns, "How much did you hear?" Flora asks as she slowly walks to the bathroom.

"A little...I've killed people too. You know that."

"You didn't have a choice, you were taken and forced to do awful things." Flora says, hissing as she tries to unclip her bra.

"Let me help you." Natasha unclips Flora's bra and helps her out of her pants.

"This is embarrassing." Flora sighs as she sits in the tub and lays back.

"You are not the first woman I've seen naked. Best looking one, yes. But not the first." Natasha smirks.

"I'm flattered." Flora blushes. "I mean having to depend on you. I don't like that."

"It's okay to depend on others sometimes. Like Steve said, Family."

Flora reaches over and squeezes Natasha's hand, nodding with a large smile on her face.

After her bath, Flora changes and lays down. Natasha lays behind her and rubs her head. "Are you still looking for Bucky?"