Chapter 12

Once the team got home, Flora put her suit away and changed into joggers and one of Steve's shirts, she threw her hair up and went to see Clint.

She kisses his cheek and then got a few snacks before returning to her room where Steve was waiting for her. "Why do you always hide out in here?"

"I guess I'm used to being alone." She shrugs.

"But your not anymore. You have us."

"I know...it's just hard to open up. Trust people. I trust you though." She sighs and sits beside him on her bed.

"You and Natasha have that problem." He chuckles. "You and I...we immediately became close. Trusted each other." He holds her hand. "You are my best friend Flora...I don't want you to feel alone."

"Your right...I shouldn't be like this. After I lost my sight...I grew angry at the world....at god...everything. I lost my faith, then my father was murdered. The man who trained me died....I just felt like I brought bad upon myself and those close to me." She pauses for a moment. "My father meant the world to me...he stepped up to raise me all by himself after my mom left. He had no idea how to raise a girl." She chuckles through her tears. "He bought me my first set of school books after the accident...spent all the money he earned fighting on them."

"I lost my mother, she did everything to protect me." Steve smiles.

"I wish I could have met you back then."

"Most people only liked me after the serum. Except two people." He nods.

"Peggy and Bucky...." She also nods. "Steve, I don't like you because your big and strong. I like you because you are kind, you care about me even though I'm...difficult. You always want to do the right thing, and you put others before yourself. You have a heart of gold Steve, I love you dude."

"That's the nicest thing anyone had ever said to me." He smiles and pulls her in. "I love you Flora. I always be here for you, and I'll always protect you." She smiles and holds onto him tighter as tears slip down her cheek.

The next night was party night, something Flora wasn't too excited about. Natasha brought her over fifty outfit options to choose from, she rambled on and on about what looks good.

Flora eventually picked a red pantsuit and black shoes

Natasha goes over to Flora's jewelry box and pulls out a long silver chain with a star pendant. "I think this will be cute." She smiles and hands it to her. Flora stares at the necklace, she frowns and slides her thumb across the star. "What's wrong?"

 "What's wrong?"