Chapter 14

The team suits up and quickly finds Ultron ranting on about Tony and how much he hates him. "Ahh, Junior." Tony lands, and Thor, Steve, and Flora come up behind him. "You're gonna break your old man's heart."

"If I have to."

"We don't have to break anything." Thor says.

"Clearly you've never made an omelet."

Tony smiles, "He beat me by one second."

The enhanced twins step up, "Ah, this is funny, Mr. Stark. It's what, comfortable? Like old times?"

Tony shakes my head, "This was never my life."

"You two can still walk away from this." Flora says to them.

"Oh, we will."

Steve sighs, "I know you've suffered."

"Uuughh! Captain America. God's righteous man, pretending you could live without a war. I can't physically throw up in my mouth, but..."

"If you believe in peace, then let us keep it." Thor interrupts him.

"I think you're confusing peace with quiet."

"Yuh-huh. What's the Vibranium for?" Tony asks.

"I'm glad you asked that, because I wanted to take this time to explain my evil plan-" Ultron blasts at Tony as Bots fly down and surround the three.

Flora stabs her baton into one bot's face, she flips aside as the men around them start shouting. She quickly runs down a hall and slams a man's face into the wall, knocking him out before he can shoot Steve. Suddenly the enhanced girl, Wanda shows up beside Flora and her power flows into her mind.

Flora turns to grab her but she disappears, She suddenly was back in the old building her father used to Box in...and she could see clearly. "Flora, you gotta keep studying. You can be so much more than me." Her father sits bedside her.

"Daddy?" She starts to cry.

"Curly fry, what's wrong?"

Flora throws her arms around him and cries into his chest. "I just miss you so much." Suddenly her father grows cold in her arms, she pulls back to see she was holding her fathers dead body. "No! Daddy wake up!" She screams.

She is suddenly pushed back, Flora looks up to see Stick standing above her. "You are weak. You care too much about others. You have too much of your father in you."

"Don't speak about him!" She jumps up, her foot goes right through his chest as she tries to kick him. She screams out as she falls into a black pit and lands on a dark battle field, she slowly crawls to Steve's body.

Suddenly he grabs her throat and stands, holding her high in the air. "Steve...Steve stop!" She gasps for air.

"Do you think you can run away from your past? You are a monster...and a disgrace to this team!" He throws her down. "Weak."

"You are a fool for thinking I'm dead." She turns to see Fisk laughing at her, he was holding Elektra's blade, he steps forward and stabs Flora's shoulder and slices her side.

"Stop!" Flora screams.

"You are a monster." Steve's words echo in her head, she grabs her head and screams as she can also hear her father, Stick, and Fisk. She opens her eyes once more to see she was being set down in the Jet.

"It's okay...it's okay." Steve hushes her.

"Make the voices stop...make it stop!" She cries.

Steve and Tony put pressure on her wounds. "Flora you were stabbed and your side is injured...we need you to stay still." Tony says softly.

Flora eventually settles down and lays on the ground, she curls up and starts shaking. After a few hours they land in a field and grab their things. Steve holds onto Flora and helps her walk as they approach a house, She already knew it was Clint's family.

"What is this place?" Thor asks.

Tony shrugs, "A safe house?"

"Let's hope." Clint passes them and leads them all inside. "Honey, I'm home." His pregnant wife Laura walks in. "Hi. Company. Sorry I didn't call ahead."

Laura smiles and kisses him. "Hey."

"This is an agent of some kind." Tony nods softly.

"Gentleman, this is Laura." Clint says to Steve, Thor, and Tony.

Laura smiles, "I know all your names."

They all turn as they hear running. "Ooh, incoming."Clint's children, Cooper and Lila, run into his arms.

"Dad!"

"Hi, sweetheart! Hey, buddy! How you guys doing?"

"These are...smaller agents."

Clint smiles and kisses his children, "Look at your face! Oh, my goodness!"

"Did you bring Auntie Nat?"

Nat stands and smirks, "Why don't you hug her and find out?"
Lila rushes towards Natasha, who picks her up in her arms.

"Sorry for barging in on you." Steve nods.

Tony nods, "Yeah, we would have called ahead, but we were busy having no idea that you existed."

"Yeah, well Fury helped me set this up when I joined. He kept it off Shield's files, I'd like to keep it that way. I figure it's a good place to lay low."

Flora couldn't stop thinking about that nightmare...especially what Steve had said.

Laura looks over at Flora as she holds her side and leans against the wall, "Hi Flora." She approaches her.

"Oh hi. It's so nice to finally meet you in person." Flora forces a smile.

"I've enjoyed our talks on the Phone." She hugs Flora.

"Me too." Flora nods.

"Let's get you cleaned up and into bed for some rest."