Chapter 11

Flora and Steve had healed fine and were back in New York with the Avengers. Now on a mission to stop secret Hydra bases and find Loki's scepter. She liked being with a team, and she knew they all liked her.....But she still felt alone....

She drives a stolen vehicle through the snowy forest beside the team, dodging blasts as she reaches a small barricade. She sits up and leaps over beside everyone else, landing right in front of four soldiers.

Flora slides against the snow and pulls her baton in half, throwing both pieces and knocking out the men. She pulls the baton back together and runs towards the castle.

"Shit!" Tony yells.

"Language! Jarvis, what's the view from upstairs?" Steve immediately says.

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond any other Hydra base we've taken."

"The Tessaract must be here. Strucker couldn't mount this defense without it. At long last." Thor sighs.

"At long last is lasting a little long, guys." Natasha says beside Flora.

"Yeah. I think we lost the element of surprise." Flora says as she flips onto a man's shoulders and slams him onto the ground.

"Wait a second. No one else is going to deal with the fact that Cap just said language?"

"I know. It just slipped out." Steve sighs softly.

Flora runs over to Steve as someone speeds past her and flips him. "We have an enhanced in the field." Steve looks over at her.

"Clint's hit! Somebody want to deal with that bunker?" Suddenly the Hulk roars after Natasha asks this. "Thank you."

"Tony, we really need to get inside." Flora says as she fights beside Steve.

"I'm closing in." Tony says. Steve and Flora Catch their breath as Thor joins them. "Drawbridge is down, people."

"The enhanced?"

"He's a blur. All the new player's we've faced, I've never seen this. In fact, I still haven't." Steve sighs.

"Clint's hit pretty bad, guys. We're gonna need evac."

"I can get Barton to the jet. The sooner we're gone the better. You two and Tony secure the scepter." Thor nods.

"Copy that."

Thor looks aside to see the soldiers coming at them. "It looks like they're lining up."

"Well, they're excited."

Thor slams his hammer onto Steve's shield. Making all the soldiers knock down. "Find the scepter." Thor flies off.

"And for gosh sake, watch your language!" Tony suddenly says.

Steve looks over at Flora. "That's not going away anytime soon."

"Nope." She walks past him.

"We're locked down out here." Natasha announces as Steve and Flora jog beside each other.

"Then get to Banner, time for a lullaby."

"I'll race you!" Flora, kicks the back of Steve's leg and makes him fall to his knees as she runs as fast as she can.

She stops as she slides into the castle. "You cheated." Steve sighs, catching up.

"I still won."

Steve quickly runs down the hall as a soldier turns the corner, he tackles the man into a door and stands to see Strucker. "Baron Strucker. Hydra's number one thug."

"Technically, I'm a thug for Shield."

"Well then technically you're unemployed. Where's Loki's scepter?" Flora asks.

"Don't worry, I know when I'm beat. You'll mention how I cooperated, I hope."

"I'll put it right under illegal human experimentation. How many are there?" Suddenly a woman knocks Flora and Steve down with her powers then quickly escapes. "We have a second enhanced. Female. Do not engage." Steve says to the others as the two stand and face Strucker.

"You'll have to be faster than--" Flora quickly smacks him with her baton and knocks him out.

"Guys, we got Strucker." She announces to the others.

"Yeah, I got... something bigger." Tony says softly.

Steve and Flora make sure Strucker is taken into custody, they help with clean up and meet back on the Jet. She stands with Thor and Steve beside the scepter. "Thor report on the Hulk?" Natasha asks.

"The gates of Hela are filled with the screams of his victims." Flora smacks the back of his head. "Uh, but, not the screams of the dead, of course. No no, uh...wounded screams, mainly whimpering, a great deal of complaining and tales of sprained deltoids and, and uh... and gout."

Tony turns, "Hey Bruce, Dr. Cho is on her way in from Seoul, is it okay if she sets up in your lab?"

"Uh, yeah, she knows her way around."

Tony then approaches the three and sighs as he looks at the scepter. "It feels good, yeah? I mean, you've been after this thing since Shield collapsed. Not that I haven't enjoyed our little raiding parties, but..."

"No, but this... this brings it to a close." Thor nods.

"As soon as we find out what else this has been used for. I don't just mean weapons. Since when is Strucker capable of human enhancement?"

"The scepter...I sense it's power inside." Flora says softly.

"Banner and I'll give it the once before it goes back to Asgard. Is that cool with you?" Thor nods his head. "I mean, you are staying until the farewell party. You're staying right?"

"Yes, yes, of course. A victory should be honored with revels." Thor smiles and hugs Flora's side.

"Yeah. Who doesn't love revels. Captain?"

Steve nods, "Hopefully this puts an end to the Chitauri and Hydra, so. Yes, revels."