Chapter 11: Everything will be fine

Notes:
Hi... long time no see...
This is the first time I've used a longer title than usual.
I hope you like this one...

For the next chapter, just wait for it... I intend to finish this fic within this month and.. I hope I can...

Happy reading

Btw, you can follow me on wattpad or twitter for folowing update or spoilers next chapter...
twitter: @lilylembah09
--------------------------------------------------------------

"Jean..."

He heard a very familiar voice. Jean still lowered his head, sitting still, unable to lift his head and look at the face of the person who called his name.

What should he do?

What should he say?

"Jean..." The voice softened as the arms wrapped around him warmly from the side. "Hi... look at mom..." his mother's firm and soft hand touched the side of Jean's face, supporting him.

Jean raised his head slowly and looked at his mother who was beside him. Staring at his mother's tired face made him unable to contain what he felt. He reached his mother and hugged her tightly. Burying his face in his mother's shoulder, wetting her shoulder with tears he couldn't hold back, even he could feel himself shaking. God... Why did this have to happen?

Jean could only sit in silence after he told his mother and father about Pieck's condition. Remembering what the doctor had told him about Pieck's condition left him speechless. He only wished he could turn back time and prevent this from happening.

"Mr. Kirstein, at this time we have done a blood transfusion for your wife due to her bleeding, but her condition of  very low blood pressure and the trauma of the impact has left her unconscious for some time. And for the baby..." The doctor pulled  took a deep breath, "the bleeding experienced is sufficient to cause a worrying effect for the baby. This can cause organ failure for the baby, bleeding and also low blood pressure can result in a lack of oxygen intake that the baby receives. We have tried our best, but it's the baby's choice to survive or... give up."

The words he heard from the doctor played over and over in his brain. Jean felt he was in the middle of the lake which made him sink quite deep, even though his brain thought to move all parts of his body and ordered him to swim to the surface of the water, but his body did not obey the order. He just drowned and kept sinking. His lungs constricted and it felt like he was suffocating.

Jean had felt this feeling before, it was clear in his head as well as the feeling in his body. The same feeling when he lost his father.

"Jean... shhh..." Jean felt his mother's warm hand caress his back gently. "Everything will be fine, they will be fine."

"Pieck is a strong woman and so is my grandson.. they will be fine."

Jean lifted his head from his mother's shoulder and turned towards the voice that said those words.

Pieck's father stood before him with firm faith in his daughter and grandson. The daughter and grandson that Jean promised him to always look after and protect.

Jean stood facing his father-in-law, "I'm sorry, I can't take care of them. I can't take care of your daughter and also your grandson. I-"

"It's not your fault. Don't apologize, what happened should have happened. We can't prevent it."  Anthony Finger walked over and hugged Jean, "We have to trust them that they are strong and they will get through this well. Don't blame yourself, Jean."

Jean returned his father-in-law's hug and buried his face in his shoulder again.

'That's right . . . Pieck and his son, his love and affection, they must have survived. They were strong and Jean knew it was true. Everything will be fine. Everything will return to the way it was.  They sure can...'
***