Chapter 14: Slowly

Note:

For next chapter will be the last chapter... and if possible, I will add one bonus chapter..

I hope you like this one
Happy reading...

BTW, Happy Jeanpiku week 2022
-------------------------------------------------------------

When Pieck told Jean everything, he just sat there and listened. Pieck told him about what she had been thinking all along, what she was feeling and Jean had expected it. The same thing he also felt, how the guilt always haunted him. But he never thought that Pieck would try to push him away.

But now that everything was fine, Jean was relieved that the negative thoughts had started to turn into motivation for them to become stronger. They still feel guilty, but they can't help it.  They are still grieving and sad but they can find a way to deal with it.

Pieck's story continues to their parents who have suspected about their lies since the first time Jean and Pieck met them. Jean felt his brain stop operating when he heard that. He never expected that, did their lie really showed? he felt it was really scary.

Jean just sat silently on the bed with his jaw dropped and Pieck sat leaning against the headboard.

Pieck chuckled, "Did your head stop working?"

Jean repositioned his jaw as usual and rubbed his face with both hands, "I... I didn't expect that."  Jean sighed, "That.. that's scary you know, we're meeting them for the first time and they... they know we're lying."

"I couldn't even say anything at that time." Pieck was still laughing with Jean's expression. Jean who noticed her, he moved from his seat and approached Pieck.

He took both of Pieck's hands, holding them.

Pieck stopped laughing and they both looked at each other.

"I missed you..." Jean said.

Pieck just smiled, "Me too."

They heard a knock on Pieck's door, "I think it's Emilio." she glanced at the clock on the bedside table, "because it's dinner time."

"Hmm... wait."  Jean got out of bed.

What Pieck said was true, Emilio was standing at the door with a bright face. Jean had not seen his face like that in days, just as his mother and father, Emilio and the others felt the same grief.  But now they seem to know that all is well.

"Mr. Jean and Miss Pieck, dinner is ready. Or... shall I bring your dinner here?"

"No, there's no need. We'll join mom and dad." Jean turned to Pieck who answered the question and gave him a warm smile.

"Sure... We'll be waiting for the two of you." Emilio nodded to Pieck as well as Jean, then disappeared from the door.

When Jean turned around he already found Pieck walking towards him "Pieck..."

"Hmm?"

"Let's start over again."

Pieck raised her eyebrows and gave him a questioning look.

"We are still grieving and we will always have those feelings but we can definitely get through it together. So... let's take it slow and start over."

"You mean... ?"

Jean sighed, "I was thinking about the things you said back then. Would we have loved each other if that night hadn't happened? Would we have found each other if we weren't stuck together? Are we still sitting across from each other in the meeting room and competing right now?