Part 3 - He's engaged!

The ominous cawing of ravens outside took my good night's rest away. So I feel like a ghost walking my way to the dining chamber of the house. I usually dream of falling but last night I don't think I even drifted into sleep.

"Oh-"

One of the servants startles me when she appears out of nowhere. "Lady Y/N, they are waiting for you."

Suddenly I am alerted, "Am I late?" I ask, striding the hallway as quickly as possible.

"Yes lady, that's why his grace told me to look for you." She follows closely.

"I'm sorry, I lost track of time," I say with a grimace of regret. I then start to run in my inch heels and blue laced dress.

We are close to the dining chamber but I forgot to calculate my speed so I run pass it. The servant looks at me obviously stifling a laugh. I slowly recover my composure, then walk back to the door where she is waiting.

Inside I'm meet by Aamon's gaze. He is holding a cup in hand. I quickly lean over to greet him, like usual I get up without any response from him. I'm use to it. Then I move to my chair near Eris, panting. She smiles then shoves food in her mouth.

"Good morning, Y/N." Carson greets me. He's the only sane one at the dining table.

"Good morning, Carson." I response. The servant starts to place food on my plate and water on my glass.

"Did you sleep well?" he asks.

I'm still catching my breath, flashing a smile at him. "I did. What about you?"

"You obviously not," Eris interrupts. "Dark circles are prominent in your eyes this morning Y/N."

My hands fly unconsciously on my eyes. "Will I-the ravens were so loud last night," I explain.

"Really? Didn't hear one." Gusion joins. His comment is valid because he occupies the room next to mine.

"You're like a pig Gusion, even if I launch a rocket near your ears you will not wake up." Eris jokes under her serious face.

"You need to close your windows and veranda door properly, young lady," Aamon says in his deep voice, looking straight at me.

He really is something making me suddenly anxious whenever he speaks. "I—I did, your grace."

"You should not hear anything from the outside when you close it," Eris speaks after she swallows her food.

"I did check it this morning, it was perfectly close." I'm not lying, or am I actually hearing things? I bite my lip, eyes fall on the food in front of me, frowning.

"I'll check it early tonight."

My eyes shoots up on Aamon's direction. "No, you don't need to. I'm fine your grace."

Aamon inside my room? I'm not ready for that! And why he suddenly become more fixated today. Does my sleeplessness bothers him? My cheeks starts to warm with that thought.

But then that's impossible, I'm probably the less important person in this house for him.

While I'm paranoid about it Eris suddenly nudges my arm. "Brother it might be something else, I suggest you should inspect it." She says, as I hold my breath.