Part 1 - In His Eyes

"Will you look my way, your Grace?"

...

Your POV.

Standing in complete awe as I see him in the vast corridor of the house.

In his royal robe, he's a Duke, but with his cloak, he's a blader a dangerous assassin that everyone fears. Silver hair and eyes both gleam from the ray of the afternoon light. Walk like an elegant prince and the blue cloth from his pauldron sways behind him.

I notice every single detail of this man, even the scar on his jaw that made his perfectly chiseled face more attractive. His emotionless deep voice always tickles the sweet spot in my heart. The way his brows crease when he scowls.

Oh, Aamon Paxley, the Duke who never lay eyes on me. I am completely invisible in front of the guy I admire a lot.

We walk past each other often in the same hallway. Like a wind that hovers in the atmosphere, that's me, that is ignored.

I cease my steps and turns to him, he didn't even look back. He's like being pull into the void of emptiness, a reminder that all of this is not permanent. No sooner my memories will come back, and they'll send me home.

Home.

"M-my Duke Paxley!" I yell out of nowhere. My eyes dilated, with my heart pounding loudly in my chest. The urge to call him seems too powerful for me to control.

Why I did that?!

Running away is an option. I think I should...

"Your Duke Paxley?" Gusion's voice echoes around the hall.

I whirl around as quickly as possible out of panic. With no surprise, Gusion was flashing a wide teasing smile. "Where that odd call came from?" he continue as he walk forward.

Out of all the people in this house why Gusion? Purple scarf mischievous Paxley, that was what I heard from the servants but they admire him a lot.

I actually never saw him do something weird, maybe not until now.

Am I doom?

"And why are you blushing?"

I freeze, begging the floor to swallow me alive.

"Enough of that Gusion, we have so much work to do, hurry up." Aamon's voice almost startles me, but then again...

He ignores me!

I just said something but he completely ignores it!

"My Duke. Can I read books in your study tonight?" I gulp the lump in my throat, that starts to form just right before I finish my words.

Read books in his study, huh? when they have a huge library! Well, I didn't make it too obvious, didn't I?

"The door is open for you young lady, but please do avoid making noise-"

"I will!" I almost exclaim, well, I think I exclaimed. I lean over for a bow a common way to respect a Duke, and to also hide my almost crimson face. "Thank you, your grace."

Desperation, this is what I call it.

Taking a long deep breath. A weight is lifted on my shoulder.

All I need is confidence!

Now I know how to make him talk or just look at me. But I wonder how long will I do the first move to be notice. I'm not usually like this but I think it's kinda worth it.