Part 8 - I'm Ready To Die

I waited night and day because it took days for him to remember that he's suppose to come and see me as what Gusion had been saying.

'... brother will be here soon...' In two days I think I heard it from him more than three times.

Within those days I spent most of my time at the garden with Belerick. He's a tree friend, very kind and humble. He even understood my boredom and tried to cheer me up.

Right now he just called me and informed me that a visitor is here to see me. Walking my way to the living room, without expecting anything, because I'm done hoping to see Aamon Paxley.

Speaking of...

I change my steps into a tip-toe after I heard a murmur from inside the living room. And I think I heard his name. My hand suddenly feels cold.

"Aamon you have no taste for art..." Despite the rude remark, the voice still sounds cheerful. "You should let the world see the Aamon that I know."

That's not Eris for sure because she will not speak if she's around Aamon. I bite my lip while frowning. It's someone I don't know because I don't recognize the voice.

My heart's pounding wildly, then I find myself oddly sitting in a squat position at the front of the door. I did lie about not expecting him because he's been all in my mind the last two days that I've been here. No matter how much I deny it, Aamon occupies my heart and even my memory. But this is not a fairy tale, he's not here to save me.

Alright...

Let's end this.

I stand back up, smoothing my skirt while I draw a tight smile on my face.

The creaking sounds of the door are not what I expect as my entrance music. Then I am welcomed by two pairs of eyes, one is light grey and the other is bright pink.

The blue-haired girl... flashing a welcoming smile at me, but I can't bring myself to smile back at her.

I quickly shift my gaze to Aamon after realizing that I'm staring at her while walking forward.

"I was waiting for you," I manage to speak despite the lump in my throat. '...your grace.' those words float in my head but I have no time to repeat myself.

His face doesn't even give a hint of any emotion. Why is he like this?

"Are you Y/N...Lady Y/N,"

I turn to the girl who happily greets me with a bow. She circles on me quickly before I can react while beaming widely.

"Oops. I must introduce myself." She stops in front. "I'm Cici."

My confuse face must reach her, that her smile morphs into a frown. "Are you alright? You..." I slide a step back when she suddenly grabs my face. "...look sick." She continues.

I shake my head, "I'm fine, I'm sorry. I was-I haven't eaten something yet." That's so random. I should have checked myself in the mirror before facing them.

"Really!" She exclaims that startles me. "I need to prepare lunch for you." Without another word, she flies out the door.

Leaving me in total shock, in front of Aamon.

And I catch him sigh almost in disappointment. "Let's get you some lunch," he says, causing me to hold my breath until he stops talking.

"I'm fine, and I need to tell you something. It's important, your grace." I grip my skirt on each side.

"I'm not interested," he walks pass me nonchalantly.

"But-"

"I'm sorry it took me long to come here, Y/N." He stops near the door holding the knob.