Part 6 - Lock In The Cold

Castle Aberleen,
Paxley's dungeon cell

Afternoon...

The carriage halts after a few hours of bumping a thousand stones. I didn't track time I'm just guessing because the blindfold covering my eyes makes me anxious, so I'd rather listen to the surroundings and be vigilant. One soldier pull my arms and told me to follow.

Are we here at the Paxley's dungeon cell?

While walking forward, the atmosphere starts to shift. It feels so heavy and cold. I think I'm in a cave, the smell is so earthy, and it's also very quiet. Soldiers' heavy steps are the only sound I hear.

Hope this place isn't as bad as I imagine.

One guard suddenly stops and I bump into him. I wince, just hit my head on his breastplate, I mean backplate-whatever is that? He should have warned me!

"Apologies Lady Y/N,"

"I'm alright." I straighten up.

They speak I thought they were the elders' soldiers, the lifeless ones.

The other guard from the back removes my blindfold. I squint adjusting from the light which isn't that bright so I recover quickly. I glance around, we are in a corridor the floor is made of metal, the walls are stone and there are few torches to give a little light in the area. And also doors probably a room for prisoners which I didn't expect to look like this. It's a plane rusty metal door where not even a single hole to peek at what's inside.

Will this be hell?

Recalling what I did this morning, I have no regrets. If it is Gusion in my place right now then he will not be alone with two guards. The elders will surely come to end him.

The possibility of escape is very low, but I will figure it out. I can't stay here, I need to leave to find my memory so I really need my freedom.

I think it is better this way, I don't need to say goodbye to them because that is the hardest part of leaving the house Paxley.

"Get inside Lady," He gestures once he unlocks the loud door.

My brow crunches not expecting the view. It's dark and empty, not even a bed exists. It's like a prison to torture criminals and make them completely insane.

The light from that little window can't even brighten up the whole place. As if on cue the soldiers start to put a torch on the side of the wall.

One?

That can't provide warmth in this cold hell. There's no wind the atmosphere is stagnant yet it's freezing and it starts to sink into my skin. If I don't get crazy then for sure I'll die of hypothermia.

"We are going to do a bonfire, pls excuse us. We need to light the fire near the window so that the smoke won't suffocate you."

A window? That's barely a window?

I'm slowly losing my mind. My eyes lock on that tiny hole they called a window without even knowing what I'm looking at. I'm feeling a little warm though I hope they know that I don't feel cold I'm ready to die. By just looking at this cell, no one would want to stay alive.

"Is there a prisoner in the other rooms?" I ask.

"No, you're the only prisoner here. The recent one died this afternoon."

"No one lasted long here, lady, not even the toughest criminal."

How could they calmly say that in front of a prisoner?!