Part 9 - Finally Back Home

At the house Paxley...

I suddenly got dizzy from all the questions they'd been asking me. Like, if I'm alright, what happened, do I need something... though it was all nice to hear but fatigue quickly drains me. Gladly Dominic noticed it and let me go to rest in my room.

After a warm long shower, I change into my silk nightgown, preparing myself to rest. Finally, I'm back in a very familiar place, the white curtains that hang on the window, the smell of the candles, newly washed blankets, and the view of the bricks all seem so comforting. I also notice the atmosphere change, it somewhat feels so cozy in here.

Dropping myself into bed, and doing a free fall is so nice to do in the same place where it all started. A place where I woke up without anything but the name I remember.

Suddenly my hand flew to my lips, remembering how the Duke of this house kissed me so tenderly not long ago. I then giggle kicking the mattress. To good to be true, indeed.

I sigh rolling over, eyelids falling close...

But, what if he actually meant everything he did? What if Aamon...

My eyes snap open after a realization crosses my mind.

Why it took him days to see me while Gusion's didn't falter on visiting me every day!? And Gusion is the one who saved me along with Natan, Lunox, and Belerick. Then Aamon randomly popped out of nowhere, kissing me like I—maybe there's no meaning behind it after all...

The overthinking quickly fades and I fall into a deep slumber...

I wake up in a dimly lit room with a quiet and relaxing vibe making me want to sleep again. But I wince and stretch my arms and legs to make me fully awake. Then I notice the light of the candle dancing in rhythm and the cool night breeze sinking into my skin. Quickly I snap my head to the open door of the balcony. I must have forgotten to close it before I lay to bed.

It's really unsafe for me to do this kind of stupidity special since Valentina is still after my head.

I step my bare foot down to the marbled floor and tip-toe to the door... only to stop midway when a silhouette appears before my eyes outside the balcony.

"Aamon," I say in a low quiet voice. When it turns, my soul almost leaves my body after I recall that time Valentina used Aamon's appearance to deceive me.

"You're awake," he speaks and I step back, readying myself to run.

My heart's pounding in my ears while I observe his movement. By the time he takes another step forward, I quickly sprint towards the door.

Trembling, I grab the handle but a hand pushes the door back, stopping me. Adrenaline along with terrified tears comes rushing in as I try to open it with all my strength.

"Y/N," he calls but I ignore him.

"Please—" the only word I can muster.

"It's me..."

Losing hope I face him, eyes flood with tears. I'm then welcomed by his frown mix with confusion and worry.

Out of the blue, he pulls me in and embraces me tightly. "What did she do to you?" He speaks with a tight jaw.

"A—Aamon?" I ask almost sobbing.

"It's me..." He moves his hand gently up and down my head. "Tell me what happened?"