Part 35

"Ok," Carina said, putting her food down, immediately going to Andy's side, "I will take you to an exam room and see what's going on."

"I'm bleeding Carina," Andy said, tears spilling over, "What else could it be?"

"There are other things," Carina said, putting a hand on Andy's back, "Let's not panic yet, ok?"

"Maya, can you come?" Andy asked, looking at her best friend, "Please?"

"Yeah," Maya said, hitting the call button to get a nurse to come help.

"Yes," the nurse said, coming in.

"Can I have a wheelchair please?" Maya said as Carina helped her move across the bed.

"I'll be right back," the nurse nodded, leaving the room.

"Andy, are you having any cramping?" Carina asked, staying close to Maya to make sure she didn't fall when she stood up.

"Um, some," Andy said, sniffling, "Just a little bit."

"Ok," Carina said, handing Maya her cane, "Are you having any other symptoms?"

"I...no," Andy said, "I don't think so."

Just then, the nurse came back in.

"Going out on another adventure?" the nurse asked as she helped Maya sit down.

"Something like that," Maya said as Carina got her IV pole to bring with them.

"Alright," the nurse said, "You're good to go. Carina, are you going to push her?"

"Si," Carina nodded, "Grazie."

The nurse left, Carina grabbing a blanket and pillow for Maya before looking at Andy.

"Ready?" Carina asked.

"I...Not really," Andy said, biting her lip, trying not to break down.

"Do you want me to call Robert?" Maya asked, reaching out and grabbing her friend's hand.

"Um..." Andy said, "I don't know...can we wait?"

"Of course," Carina said, nodding, "We can do whatever you want."

"Let's go," Andy said after a minute of just standing there holding Maya's hand.

The three of them headed down the hall to the elevators, making their way to the OB floor as they got into the elevator, Dr. Bailey was standing there.

"Bishop-Delucas," she said, "Look at the two of you out and about. And Herr...Andy, what's going on?"

"I...I'm bleeding," Andy said, tears falling down her cheeks.

"Wha...oh," Bailey said, it taking a second for her to remember that Andy was pregnant, "Oh Andy. It's going to be ok. Let me come with you."

"You don't have to do that," Andy said, trying really hard to not cry."

"I want to," Dr. Bailey said, "When I...when I was pregnant and then wasn't anymore, your dad was the one who held my hand. Consider it an act of honoring him."

Andy nodded, tears streaming down her cheeks again.

"Here we are," Carina said, pushing Maya out of the elevator as Andy and Bailey followed behind.

"Alright," Carina said, quickly starting to get the room ready, "Andy, here is a gown. Bailey, can you go get me a doppler and an ultrasound machine please?"

"Of course," Bailey nodded, squeezing Andy's hand before leaving the room.

"Alright," Carina said, turning to Andy, "We can step out so you can change. You only need to undress from the waist down."