CHAPTER 3 Caught

HER

I barely made it on time for my first class. I was glad my professor has not arrived yet. I saw Brie already on her seat busy reading a magazine.

"Hey! It's early in the morning and you're already reading gossip magazines! Why don't you read a book?!" I teased.

I took the seat beside her. We always sit beside each other in all our classes. She rolled her eyes at me.

"Hmmp! Mind your own business!" I chuckled at her reaction and snatched the magazine from her playfully and looked at the cover.

"Hey! See, you want to read it, too! Hypocrite!" She smirked. "By the way, do you know that Mrs. Cortez just gave birth last weekend! We'll have a sub for the next few months while she's on maternity leave."

"How did you know? You're so good with gossip! Are you text mates with her? Did she check with you when she went into labor last weekend?" I joked. We like to tease each other a lot.

Brie frowned at me. "I went to the faculty room this morning to return the book she lent me, that's why I know."

"So, did you see the sub? Does she look strict and old? I can't stand another grumpy professor! Mrs. Cortez has been very grumpy the past couple of months. I think it's all the pregnancy hormones!"

"No. They said he's a "He." I didn't catch the name. I hope he's as good as Mrs. Cortez. By the way, did the hot guy last night already texted you? You exchanged numbers, right?

"You were drooling while you were talking to him last night. I thought you were about to make out with him!" She grinned sheepishly.

I chuckled at her remark. "I almost did. He smelled so good, Brie! But I don't know if he's really interested. He hasn't called me yet, not even a text! Do you think I should make the first move?"

"Wow, I never heard you hesitate before! Usually, when you like a guy, you're willing to make the first move! Finally, you're trying to make a good impression on a guy! That's so not you, Cass! You really like him, huh?" She asked accusingly.

I just kept quiet at Brie's remark. I could still remember his deep-set eyes staring at me. I feel like he could see right through me. He made a big impression on me, and I am praying I will see him again soon. I could tell that he's probably a few years older than me and that's my type, mature guys. That's why whenever Brie and I have our night outs, we go to bars where young professionals hang out.

I have a lot of flings. I love to play around, make out with guys but never take it to the next level. There was probably one exception that I almost did. He was a budding actor but it's good I came to my senses and was able to restrain myself before I make a mistake that I will regret.

At this point, I am just happy enjoying my life! I don't intend to go into a serious relationship anytime soon. I have lots of plans for me and my mom. I will be done with college next year and I can't wait to see what lies ahead. But the guy last night was amazing. He's definitely my exception.

I was about to answer Brie's question when suddenly, the classroom door opened. And I was surprised when I saw who walked inside the room! It was the guy I met in the bar last night!

He stood in front and flashed a smile at the whole class. I could already hear my girl classmates gushing over him! I bowed my head down and put my hand on my forehead to cover my face. I want to disappear from my seat!

I heard Brie's soft chuckle beside me, "You're in deep trouble, Cassandra!"

He glanced at the whole class while keeping a smile on his face. I continued to duck in my seat, so he wouldn't see me. He turned towards the blackboard and wrote his name, "Mr. Matthew Rivera."