Chapter 10 Jealous

HER

I just finished talking to Brie and hung up the phone. I am currently sitting on a lounge chair in a bar across Luke. Brie was supposed to follow us so we could catch up like old times. Unfortunately, her daughter, Bailey, had a meltdown. Bailey didn't want to be left with the nanny. I told her that we can go out some other time and not to worry about it.

So, it's just Luke and I tonight. We headed straight here in the bar from our long meeting in the office. We talked about the gallery that I want to build in an empty lot adjacent to the Millennium Building. I want to honor the legacy of my father and Rebecca. It will display memorabilia and showcase the humble beginnings of the company.

At the same time, the gallery will have a gift shop for all the clothing and merchandise of Millennium that will be available to the public. Once the gallery opens, all the products of Millennium will not only be found in malls and clothing stores. We'll have our own Millennium shop which will be good for the business. Christian and Caleb love the idea and are very supportive of my vision.

As soon as I started spearheading the company, I did not waste any time and looked for contractors. It was Luke's company who landed the project, hence, we crossed paths again. He will be the head engineer of the building and I already spoke with the architect in their firm regarding the design I wanted for the gallery. They will be presenting the blueprint layout within the next couple of weeks. I am excited to see all the details of the building project.

"So, unfortunately, Brie won't be able to make it. Little Bailey threw a fit." I chuckled. "Do you want to call it a night? Let's just plan on getting together some other time." I said to Luke.

"It's still early and we're already here. Why don't we just stay? My treat. Unless you have other plans tonight?" He asked politely.

I smiled and nodded. I am starving anyway. I wasn't able to eat a decent meal. It would be nice to enjoy a couple of drinks and unwind. I have been bringing work home since I started with the company. He called the waiter and we ordered.

"So, you've come a long way, Cassie! Imagine, President of Millennium Company! Brie never told me what happened when you left abruptly several years ago. All she told me was you need to be with your family abroad. I never thought you were connected with the Arkins. I don't want to be nosy but all along, I thought it's just you and Tita Julie."

"Let's just say I discovered that I'm the long-lost daughter of Charles Arkin. And that's why I am here now, to help grow his company and continue his legacy." I replied while smiling at him.

"That's like a fairy tale, don't you think! I can't imagine it happening in real life!" He said in disbelief. "If you don't mind me asking, are you an only child? No wonder he made you the head of the company."

"Actually, I have two brothers abroad. They manage our other businesses there. They were the ones who pushed me to run the company here. They are very supportive of me."

"I am so happy for you. I really am." He said honestly while looking intently in my eyes. It got a little awkward as he continued staring at me admiringly. I tried to stir away the conversation from me.

"Thank you! But enough of my life story. How about you? You did great yourself! Imagine, Head Engineer of a prestigious company. I always knew you'd make it. You were so focused on your studies. You often bail out on Brie and me whenever we invite you to go out with us. Party Pooper!" I said teasing him to lighten the mood.

"Oh, don't play that card on me Cassie! I think I only did it once or twice! You know I always love to hang out with both of you, especially You." He said sincerely.