Chapter 13 Confused

Author's Note

I'm dropping the last 5 chapters of MBL. It has been a fun ride writing Paul and Cassie's story. Hope you guys enjoy the remaining chapters....

——————————————————
HER

I am still wide awake.  I glanced at the clock in the small side table.  It's already twelve midnight.  I groaned loudly. I've been tossing and turning for two hours now.  Brie is already sound asleep on the other bed.  She looked tipsy when she came back to our room a while ago. She just told me how amazing Paul was and I could tell, she had her eyes on him.

As for me, I decided not to join them. After we did the body shots, I went straight to our cottage and reviewed some documents that I brought. I planned not to work this weekend, but I needed to stay away from Paul. That devil turned the tables around. Instead of me supposed to do the salt licking as a punishment, he said since they won, he could decide on what he wanted to do. 

Paul put me in agony when he did that. I could still feel his tongue all over my body. It was the longest two minutes of my life. They put a timer while he did all the salt licking on different parts of my body.  I felt feverish after that, marched back as fast as I could to our cottage and had a long cold shower.

Paul is confusing me and I need to get hold of myself especially now that Brie likes him. Not to mention that I'm about to start something with Luke.  He's a nice guy and I already made up my mind to give him a chance. I'm planning on taking it to the next level when we go out next week.

I sighed deeply.  No point in staying in bed. I tiptoed softly so as not to wake up Brie. I decided to go out; I might as well enjoy the beautiful night.  As soon as I stepped out from our cottage, I smelled the untainted, fresh sea breeze. I immediately felt relaxed.  This is what I need. 

I slipped on my beach sandals and headed towards the seashore. I want to feel the water underneath my feet, it always calms me down.  When I was abroad, I drove near the beach after my classes whenever I felt stressed out. The beach is my refuge.  It takes away all my fears and worries on what lies ahead.

The bright moon was glowing amidst the dark night sky. I walked slowly while enjoying the calming sound of the waves and the water splashing on my feet.  After a few minutes, I sat down on the sand while looking at the starry night sky.

Suddenly, I noticed a familiar figure walking towards me.  I already knew who it was. The man I didn't want to see.

"Can't sleep?" Paul asked. I didn't even bother to answer. I was just staring at the splashing waves in front of me.

"Care if I join you?"  He didn't even wait for my reply and sat down beside me. I was about to stand up, but he quickly held my hand, telling me not to go.

"Stay. Keep me company."  He said boldly. I can feel his eyes piercing through me.  There was a moment of silence before he suddenly decided to initiate a conversation. 

"Can I ask you a question?" He said pointblank.  I nodded for him to go ahead.

"Why did you suddenly leave? I remembered our last conversation in the pavilion, you told me to wait for you.  When I came back, you were gone." 

I was surprised by his question. Before, he was the one who avoided conversations about our past. Now he's bringing us back to memory lane. I frowned at him.

"Why are you asking? Did you wait for me?" I shot back at him.

"What if I said I did? Until I got tired of waiting for nothing. So I moved on." He replied. I could see honesty in his eyes.

I was lost for words. I didn't know how to respond. I've been waiting for that answer for a long time.  But he just said he moved on; that means he already got over me.  We're just meant to be friends now.  I let out a deep sigh.

"I'm glad you were able to move on. And so did I. Maybe we can be friends at least. No more hard feelings." I said to him.

He let out a soft chuckle. "That's ridiculous. You know we can never be friends.  You're smarter than that.  Can you feel what we have every time we're near each other? You're not dense, Cassie."  He said in a deep, sexy voice. 

"What do we have?" I asked ignorantly. I'm getting confused with his behavior.  Maybe the effect of alcohol? He probably had a lot.

He moved closer to me. His face is just inches away from me.  I could smell the alcohol from his breath mixed with his fresh, manly scent. His nearness is intoxicating.

"You're a tease, Cassie. Don't act ignorant. You know there's something between us. You ignite fire in me every time you come near me."  He was staring directly at me; I could see desire in his eyes.  Suddenly, I could feel my whole body in flames. 

"I play around, Cassie.  If you want to play, I can.  I've never been with a married woman but I'm willing to break the rules...."  He caressed my face and my heart went wild. 

I just realized I don't want to mislead him anymore.  I'll come out clean so we could stop these mind games.  He was the one who assumed that I'm married and I just went along with his craziness.  I held his hand on my face and he hissed.  We have that strong effect between us.  I wanted to remove his hand so I could think straight and tell him the truth.

"Paul, I have something to tell you first...."  I said, my voice is shaking from all the emotions he's making me feel.  His gaze eventually focused on my lips and he put his index finger on it to shut me up.

"Ssshh.... enough of the talk.  You already had me.  If you're changing your mind about this, it's already too late.  Cassie, I wanted you badly from the first moment I saw you." His lips suddenly moved to my ear and his warm breath sent shivers all over my spine.

"Sin with me.  If you're going to cheat on your husband, cheat with me. I don't care anymore.  I can be your boy toy."  He grazed his teeth on my earlobe and I felt my body tense with excitement.  I couldn't think straight anymore.

He stared at me again with intense lust in his eyes and held my face with both his hands.

"You're so beautiful, Cassie. I've always wanted to taste those lips."  He then lowered his lips to claim mine.  It was a soft, sweet kiss at first.  Then, slowly, I felt him parting my lips with his tongue.  I could feel his kiss getting deeper, yearning for more and I tried to match his hunger.  I've waited for this kiss for so long and it's not even near to what I've imagined.  It's pure bliss. 

Then suddenly, I heard a loud ring. Paul cursed and broke the kiss. He rummaged in his pocket and got his phone out. I saw the familiar "Baby Alecx's" name. This is like deja vu. This exactly happened several years ago when we were in the bar.

"Sorry Cassie, but I have to take this...." He said apologetically.

He stood up and answered the phone. I overheard his irritated voice at Alecx and I couldn' help but stifle a soft chuckle. As they continued talking, I overheard that someone was in the hospital. I couldn't understand clearly what they were talking about, but I could hear Paul's voice suddenly got serious.  He started pacing, his back was facing me.

I silently stood up and walked back to my cottage. Something is up. I hope nothing serious happened. I uttered a silent prayer for whoever was in the hospital.  Whatever we had a while ago, that could wait. But we must talk after what happened.  Now I just got more confused after our kiss. 

I let out a deep sigh as I opened the door to my cottage.  Brie was sleeping softly.  I laid down silently in my bed.  I just realized I also have to talk to Brie later.  I don't know what her plans are with Paul, but I could feel that she likes him a lot.  Our situation just got more complicated. I closed my eyes and let sleep take over me. I'll be able to think clearly tomorrow.... I hope that I can.