Chapter 6 Frustrated

Happy Friday Everyone! Time for our weekly update!
Thanks for the follows and adding MBL to your reading list. :)
I started uploading videos just to have a feel/mood on each chapter....
Hope you guys like them!!!
Happy Reading!!!
——————————————————

HIM
(Present)

    I still couldn't believe that we would cross paths again after all these years.  She tricked me.  I still remember her young, pretty face during our last conversation in the pavilion.  She told me to wait for her.  And then, she just left without saying goodbye. 

    She took my breath away the first time I laid eyes on her at the bar.  I could feel there's a connection between us but when I came back after talking to my sister that night, she was out of sight.  I was shocked to see her the next day as my student, and I felt a huge disappointment.  I was frustrated and took it against her.

    But she didn't give up and tried to soften me up.  Her cute ways of waiting for me after class, apologizing multiple times melted my heart.  I was willing to give it a shot.  And then, she was gone.  Just like that.

    Now, she is back.  She's even more beautiful than ever.  But MARRIED.  Life is so unfair.  I grabbed my beer and drank it straight up frustrated.

    "Hey Paul, are you okay?" I suddenly heard Lia's voice.  I was in deep thought, trying to make sense of what just happened a while ago.  Our team went straight to our favorite bar to celebrate after the event.  We are all sitting around the center table, lounging on the comfortable bar couches.  Lia was beside me.

    "That's already your third bottle and we're just here for about an hour!  What's going on?" She asked bluntly.

    "I just want to celebrate. That's all."  I gave her a fake smile.

    She pouted at me.  She knows I'm lying but she let it go.  But I was surprised with her next question.

    "By the way, can I ask you something?  I'm just curious."  I looked at her and nodded.

    "Do you know our new boss?  I can see how you guys looked at each other.  I can feel a connection." She teased.  She has a wide grin on her face.

    "Of course not.  It's probably just your imagination." I replied sourly.

    She smirked.  I know she didn't believe me.  "Watch me, I'll find out soon what's the real score between the two of you.  You didn't even want to let go of her hand.  My guess... you were a couple a long time ago!"

    "I agree! I sensed that, too!" Mike suddenly exclaimed out of nowhere.  He's also one of my close friends.  We have been very tight in Rave since we started our group.  I think that's why our clothing line became successful because our team got along well.

    "Guys, can you please stop it.  I don't want any gossip, okay?  She's already married.  So enough of this nonsense.  Let's just enjoy the night!"  I said annoyed.

    "Oh, so it's true!  You guys were an item, you didn't deny it at all!  So, if she's not married, you'll pursue her?"  Lia asked mischievously. 

    I looked at her sternly telling her to stop. She chuckled and did a salute.  I am already in a bad mood.  We stayed for a couple of more hours and called it a night.

    I woke up the next day with somebody pinching my nose.  As soon as I opened my eyes, I saw Alecx's face grinning at me.

    "Wake up sleepyhead!  I brought some breakfast for you and Mom."