Chapter 11 Realizations

HIM

I haven't talked to Cassie for more than a month since the incident in the bar.  We bumped into each other a few times, but she completely ignored me.  She passed me by as if I didn't exist. I wanted to apologize for my behavior that night. I knew I meddled with her personal affairs, but what could I do? Whenever I face her, I can't think rationally. She makes me feel different emotions that I haven't felt before. Cassie is the only girl that made my world upside down.

Lately, I've noticed that her "Engineer friend" comes often in the office. He picked her up the past few days.  Every time I see them together, jealousy hits me.  It's an unpleasant feeling that I couldn't shake.  Now I'm starting to think, what if I just play along with her?  I know she's a flirt and I hate her for that.  But still, I want her badly.

One of the things I do best is hooking up with single women. I never get involved with committed girls.  But this time, I'll break my rules. Even though she's a married woman, I'm willing to take the plunge. She will be my exception.  Instead of seeing her play around with other guys and ripping my heart apart, I better just have her for myself. Whatever happens, I'm ready to face the consequences.

"Hey Chief! You're so absorbed with your thoughts! Are you ready for tomorrow?" Lia suddenly said out of nowhere.

"I haven't packed anything yet.  I'll do it later when I get home.  By the way, I'll drop by in the store for more snacks and booze. Is there anything else that we need?" I asked Lia.

"That's what I was about to tell you; can you grab some skewers for the hotdogs? And marshmallows, too! I already marinated some pork chops. We'll barbecue tomorrow!" She said excitedly. 

"Okay Boss! I got you. So what time am I picking you up tomorrow?" I asked.

"4 A.M. so we won't be late.  Mike said the bus leaves at 5 A.M. sharp." Lia answered while fixing her bag.  We're about to leave; I guess we're the only ones left in the building. We got busy doing sketches for the designs for the Holiday collection. We already started conceptualizing as soon as the summer wear launch is done.

We parted ways and like any guy, it took me just a few minutes to do my shopping.  As soon as I  entered our house, I smelled the sweet aroma of freshly baked brownies and chocolate chip cookies.  Alecx was sitting comfortably on the couch watching tv while munching a cookie.

"I'm glad you visited us again. Do you need something from me?" I teased her while grabbing the cookie from her hand and shoving it straight in my mouth.  She frowned at me.

"Why don't you get a fresh one? Mom baked a lot; it's on the counter. By the way, why are you carrying a lot of shopping bags?" Alecx asked curiously. I headed to the kitchen and she followed me. I placed the bags on the counter, grabbed another cookie and faced her.

"We have our company outing tomorrow. I bought some snacks and stuff.  Mom baked all the goodies so I can bring those tomorrow. That's off limits for you!" I said to her jokingly.  She just made a face, grabbed a brownie on the other tray and ate it in front of me to annoy me.

"You guys can eat those two trays at the counter. I already set aside the ones you're going to bring for the outing tomorrow." My mom said while heading straight to us. She just came out from the dirty kitchen and was still busily wiping her hands on her apron. She probably overheard me when I told Alecx not to eat the baked goodies.

"I also saved a small box of cookies for Lia, I know she loves that. Don't forget to give it to her, okay?" I nodded at her. My mom likes Lia for me. She was playing cupid for us to be together the first time I introduced her. However, she eventually stopped after seeing how we act towards each other. She was even the one who said that Lia and I  are better off as friends.

"Is Cassie going?" Alecx asked suddenly. I shrugged my shoulders as if I didn't know. I motioned to them that I'm going to my room so I can hit the shower and start packing my bag for tomorrow.

I was busy putting clothes in my backpack when I heard a knock and Alecx entered my room.

"Yes Sis, you need anything from me?" I asked curiously.

"I'll stay here with Mom over the weekend while you're out. I'll take her shopping tomorrow." She said while sitting down on my bed.

"That's good, so she can unwind. She has been spending more time at home lately just baking and reading in the gazebo." I smiled at her.

"So how are you doing? I miss you. We haven't talked since the engagement party. You've been busy. How's it going with Cassie?" She looked concerned. 

I am close with Alecx; we're also best friends and we don't hide anything from each other. After the incident in the coffee shop, I told her about my history with Cassie. She also talked to me after the engagement party since she knew I was hurt after seeing Cassie with her husband. 

When I saw them together at the engagement party, I made up my mind to stay away from her and that's even what Alecx advised.  It's a lost cause. 

However, since that Engineer came and after witnessing her flirting with him at the bar, everything changed. If she's going to cheat on her husband, I'll make sure it should be with me, not with any other random guy. But I don't want Alecx to know about my plan.  She definitely won't approve. I stopped at what I was doing and sat down next to her. I let out a deep sigh.

She looked at me and said, "I'm worried about you. This is the first time I saw you get crazy over a girl.  Don't do anything stupid. This is real, she's married. I don't want you getting hurt." 

"Don't worry about me. I can handle this." I replied to her.

"Paul? Is there anything you want to tell me? I know you. Are you planning on something? Don't do it I'm telling you!" She said accusingly. 

"Alright, alright! Why don't you go down and stop disturbing me.  Just set the dinner table and let me finish what I'm doing. I'll be there shortly. I'm starving."  I pulled her from the bed and shoved her outside my room jokingly.  She left with a pout on her face. 

I didn't answer her directly a while ago. I didn't want to lie to her.  We've always been honest with each other. I will feel guilty if I tell her that I'm staying away from Cassie when I'm planning to do the opposite. I've already made up my mind to win her despite all the consequences I'll have to face.

I woke up early the next day and wasn't even able to say goodbye to Mom and Alecx. I'll just text them later.  I picked up Lia as planned. The two 50-seater buses that the company provided for all the employees left on time from the Millenium building. 

It was a three-hour trip but it was worth it.  The private resort was well kept. There were numerous air-conditioned Nipa hut cottages that were lined up just a few meters away from the beach.  There were kayaks, banana boats and jet skis near the shore. As if the caretakers knew that all of us were ready to have fun and use all their amenities.  There was also a net set up for beach volleyball. On the other side of the resort, there was a large pavilion where ping pong tables were set up. And of course, two videoke machines were already in place. 

Most of my team members were excited and started picking which cottages to stay in.  But my eyes were still wandering, looking for somebody that I've been excited to see since my realization yesterday.  Then suddenly, a black tinted SUV slowly pulled up in front of one of the cottages.  And there she was.... As if everything went into slow motion the moment she came out from the vehicle. 

Her hair was in a messy bun but that just made her look sexier. Her eyes were hidden behind her Rayban sunglasses. She has no makeup on and she looks so fresh. She was wearing a white tank top paired with ripped denim shorts that displayed her long perfectly shaped legs. 

I don't know what spell Cassie has casted on me but every time I see her, she always takes my breath away. I looked at her longingly and vowed; whether she likes it or not, before this weekend is over, I'll officially be her lover....