Author's Note

I hope you guys enjoyed Paul and Cassie's story! Now, on to the third book of the Dream Series Collection. This story was born because of an open novella contest (ONC2022).

It is the story of Carla Maria Reyes, Alecx's fun and strong-willed best friend who was introduced in 9 Years Later. All the characters you will come across on my succeeding stories originated from my first book 9 Years Later.

Hope you'll join Carla in her journey of finding her real identity. A new male character will be introduced in this series, Santi Antonio Ramirez....

Fall in love with Carla in this fun and heartwarming story. This will have more comedic moments but will also touch sensitive topics. Graphic depiction of strong languages will also be found in this story so read at your own risk.

Here's an excerpt of Finding Carla....

The door slowly swung open, and the song blasted more in my ears.  I was about to start lashing out but was surprised to see the person behind that door. The jerk who has been playing those songs tirelessly is not somebody I expected.

He was towering above me with his 6-foot height. He didn't have a shirt on and his well-defined chest muscles and six pack abs are screaming at me. He was just wearing boxer shorts and I could see his well-toned quads and calf muscles. When my gaze focused on his face, he had an amused look and gave me a smirk.

"Done checking me out? Did you like what you see?" He said while he kept his annoying smirk.

My cheeks turned red at the realization that I did check him out! And now that I'm staring at his face, I couldn't help but be mesmerized with his features. He has thick strong eyebrows with deep-set eyes. I couldn't figure out his eye color, is it gray, grayish blue? All I know is I could get lost staring at those eyes. He has a slightly upturned nose but that just made him look more attractive, not to mention his strong lips and square jaw. He has a few short stubbles on his chin that gave him a rugged look. His dark brown hair is tousled. It looks long for him, and I think he needs to get a haircut.

"Miss, I'm asking you again, are you done checking me out? We don't have the whole night to do this staring contest?" He said again while tapping his hand on the door frame.

Suddenly, I came out of my trance. I just remembered what I came here for; to battle this gorgeous devil in front of me.

"Do you even know what time is it, Mister? It's almost midnight and you're blasting that lousy country song across the entire floor! At least have the decency to tone it down or listen for yourself. There are air pods now, in case you didn't know.

"And do you even know the word sleep? That's what working people like us are supposed to be doing at this hour. And if you don't turn off that radio or whatever kind of music gadget you have, all the people here will come knocking at your door and boot you out of your flat. So please, leave us in peace and turn that thing off!" I said angrily.

My body was shaking because I was trying to contain my emotions. He could be good looking as hell but he definitely has no manners. A total moron!

He continued to stare at me after my long spill. He still has the amused look on his face, but I could tell that he's now checking me out, too! His smirk turned into a sexy grin, and he sighed.

"Okay Alita, the battle Angel. I'm going to tone it down. But I'm not going to turn it off. I love my Tennessee Whiskey at night. And yes, I know air pods. But why am I going to wear it if I'm the only one in my flat? Don't you know that wearing air pods all day can damage your hearing?" He said mockingly.

"And don't you know that blasting your speakers can also mess up your hearing?" I countered sarcastically.

He made a soft chuckle and continued staring at my face. Then, he raised both his arms to show defeat.

"Okay Alita, you win. But only for tonight. We'll see each other again so be ready for the next round." He grinned mockingly then closed his door to dismiss us.

What a jerk! I was fuming inside! This guy is really something! I hope I don't cross paths with him again.  I then looked at Stacy who looked dumbfounded and still staring at the jerk's apartment door.

"Hey, I thought you're going to back me up! You suddenly lost your tongue, huh?!" I said to her sarcastically.

She grinned at my remark. "He's so gorgeous! We should have let him play his whiskey music the whole night and joined him inside." She winked.

"Gosh, what has gotten into you?! You're crazy! By the way, who's Alita? Why did he call me that?" I asked clueless. She laughed hard at me.

"You didn't watch that movie? That's a cool one, Alita: Battle Angel. Check Netflix, Hulu or Amazon Prime, you might find it there." She said before heading to her apartment.

I was left there speechless. Those two ruined my night! I went back to my apartment and shut the door loudly. I crashed into my bed. Finally, peace and quiet. As I let myself succumb into deep slumber, the last image that lingered in my mind was the sexy devil across my flat. I hope I don't dream of him because even though he's gorgeous as hell, I'm praying that I would not cross paths with him ever again....