CHAPTER 4 Forgiven

Hi Everyone! Time for update! I'm going to drop two chapters today. I will start uploading new chapters every Friday/Saturday. Back to back with my ONC Entry Finding Carla.

Hope you guys are enjoying the story so far! Weekend is coming soon! Have a great weekend! Keep safe and stay healthy! 😊

————————————————————
HER

I didn't waste any time. The next day, I patiently waited for him after class. As soon as I saw him heading towards the faculty room, I hurriedly walked beside him.

"Is there anything I can do for you Ms. Guevarra?" He asked bluntly.

"We have a volleyball game tonight against College of Commerce. I was wondering if you want to watch. It's "Do or Die." Whoever wins will play College of Science for the championship." I said confidently.

"Coach Perez already invited me. I'm not sure if I can make it tonight. Good luck Ms. Guevarra. I hope your team wins." And with that, he went inside the faculty room without even glancing at me and closed the door.

I felt very disappointed. He's very cold, so professional. Way different from the guy I met in the bar. I saw Brie walking towards me.

"How did it go?" She asked excitedly.

"He's not sure about tonight. Oh well, we just need to win so he can at least see me play in the championship." I replied.

"You're really smitten with him, girl. But I like your spirit! At least, you are motivated to beat Commerce tonight! This is our last year to play so let's get that championship, okay?"

I smiled at her and gave her a high five. We have been runner ups the past two years, but this time, I'll do my best. I'll give my all to get that elusive championship trophy for our college before we graduate.

As expected, our team was in high spirits during the game. Everybody is hungry to make it again to the finals and beat College of Science. Most of the members of our team are seniors and this is our last hurrah.

Commerce is a tough team to beat. I could feel they want this badly. This will be their first time to make it to the finals if they win tonight. For the past three years, it has been College of Fine Arts versus College of Science battling it out in the championship.

It's the last set. We were down by one and if they get this, they will win. I was about to serve, trying to force a tie. I glanced at our bench to look at my coach and teammates before I hit the ball. And I couldn't believe who caught my eye sitting on the bench. He was there and he was watching me intently! A sudden surge of adrenaline rushed throughout my entire body. I smiled at him, then tore away from his gaze.

I composed myself. I couldn't let his presence distract me. After all, I really wanted him to be here tonight to inspire me. I concentrated and hit the ball hoping for an ace. And I did it!
They were not able to receive my service. We were able to tie the game.

Two more points and we will head to the finals. I know I can do this. I saw all my teammates looking at me with encouragement, boosting my confidence. I prayed silently and hit the ball. And indeed, my prayers were answered. I did two more aces. For the third year in a row, we're heading to the finals!

All my teammates flocked around me and carried me on their shoulders. We couldn't describe the joy and excitement we were feeling even though we were used to this for the past three years. Commerce made us work hard to get to the finals.

Even with all the celebration and loud cheers around me, I didn't forget to glance on our bench to look for him. But I didn't see him. He's already gone.