Second encounter

[The next day after the deployment on Bruxelles].

[15 : 30]

Today's morning was sad. Yesterday we lost on of our own. Master Sergeant Thomas Dixon was Killed by a suicide bomber. I was never close to Dixon but I talked to him sometimes. I can tell he was a good man. He didn't diverse go out that way, he diverse a better dead than being blow of by a sick asshole. At seven all NATOSF was reunited to say goodbye. A hundred soldiers. From field operators to intelligence agents and officers. The ceremony was beautiful. And we gave a offering in his name. After the ceremony he was took to a plane with all his belongings and our offerings. The plane would take him back to his country and his family. Later I decided to visit George in the med bay. He was still unconscious. A nurse told me that he was going to be okay. That morning I didn't take breakfast. I wasn't in the mood.

Now I was in my office. Sitting in my desk writing a report of today's training where we were training in platoons. First platoon was commanded by Edward, second platoon by me and third by David. Training was supposed to take control of a hill. Which was protected by another three platoons. It was difficult because they had the terrain in their advantage. Thankfully all our training are without our gadgets. No EAD and NVGTVNV. Just relying on our training and experience.  But I most say. Previously I did two other reports. The report of February 17th. Which was the mission in Bruxelles. And make a report of my team equipment check. Were you have to check if they have everything in rule. Like their uniform, protection and check if they gadgets are functional. And you have to this every Monday.

Being lieutenant has its perks. Well more likely be an officer. In NATOSF you have your own room and your office. And that's awesome. But everything stops being awesome when it gets on doing paperwork. And it gets worse when you get promoted. More good things but more paperwork. Just fucking great.

I place my hands on my face when I finish the reports. Then I heard a knock on the door.

- Enter.     I say.

Soon the doors open and I see David and Edward enter.

- well hello there. We came to invade your office.    Says David

- and to bother you for a while.    Says Edward.

- I assume that you two are bored and don't have anything to do.

- you assumed well.    Says Edward while he walks beside me with a snack.

- so what are you doing?      Ask David who is sitting in my couch to the right.

- I just got to finish some reports.

- what the one from the training?

- yep and equipment check and the yesterdays mission.

- and what are you gonna do now?   

-  Why are you asking?

- Wanted to know if you wanted to workout.

I frown and shake my head.  "Nah. Today I'm not in the mood to do anything, I can go but to just accompany you two".

- then come on.      Says Edward. " we're ready ".

- okay then. First let me deliver the reports and all set. You go ahead, I will be there in a moment.

- alright man.

I stand up and we get out from my office. I walk to the left and they go right. I pass other offices and finally reached the Colonel Sanders office.

I knock on the door and heard " come in". I enter and I see the Colonel sitting behind his desk.