(chapter 12) guns

Katie narrates: We've all heard of guns, and they're a dangerous weapon.

(Flashforward)
(a few hours later)
Ria starts running away, and Cody runs beside her as the fire explodes.
Arthur
Cody looks at her and says, "Ria, are you sure you're okay", Ria replies, "Yeah, why?" Then a tremble of blood drops on her hand.
𝒇𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒉

All she hears are loud gunshots.

Katie narrates: "Our parents always tell us not to play with them."

(earlier that day)
Ria has the gun to Arthur's head; she stands patiently and says, "Well, we are waiting." He replies,
"Okay, okay, Ria, put the gun down." Cody moves from behind Arthur to by Ria and states, "Ria, I'll take the gun." Ria looks at him and asks, "Are you sure?" She asserted that Arthur stutters on his words as he is eager to convince them that he is on their side.

"I can explain. Dan is a police officer on Katie's case. I came to get evidence for him that you probably wouldn't have given me." She hands it to Cody, a She shoots beside Arthur to get him to be quiet and shouts, "Bullshit! "Tell us the truth, or I'll make you."
Arthur docks down in fear and stays on his knees as he says, "That's the truth. That's the truth, Cody. I'm your dad. You know me." He looks to Cody, trying to get him to feel bad, and it works as Cody puts down the gun after 3 seconds of silence. Ria mumbles, "Oh hell nah," as she quickly pulls him to the side. Arthur tries to stand, and Ria takes the gun from Cody's hand and points at him. "Stay," she stated. Cody looks at Ria and replies, "What?"

Ria looks at Arthur and then back at Cody as she says, "What if he's lying? We could be in danger." Cody replies, "What if he's not?" Ria saw Cody's desire to believe Arthur was a good person in his eyes. She palms herself and states, "Fuck okay," then adds, "If he is, it's on you." She stops pointing as Arthur stands up in relief, Cody says, "Thanks," and Ria gives him a slight smile.

[in the Canada House]
Johnny stands up, leaving Katie on the couch, and says, "I've got a date. You stay here." He said, and Katie replied, "Please let me go; I can't stay in here." Johnny gave her an eyebrow raise and curiously asserted, "On a date with me." Katie starts to think to herself and then says, "Now that you say that it does sound weird," Johnny states, "Yeah, so stay." She sighs in disappointment. "What would I do? I have no friends," he playfully replies as he walks out. "Play with stuffed animals. I don't know." Katie goes to the kitchen and takes out as many snacks as possible. And says, "Might as well eat."

[at the police station]
Sheriff Davis walks into Carlos office and says, "Carlos, you're now back on the Katie Colton case." Carlos was confused; he was happy to be back on the case, but why was Jim removed? He asserts, "What happened to Jim?" Sheriff Davis states, "Jim slipped on his way to Diana Donuts to get a mega donut. He broke a leg. He's in the hospital for some days." Carlos sits down in happiness; he wasn't happy Jim got hurt, but he has his job back.

He thinks to himself, "Ria is going to be happy to be here," then remembers Ria left, and he randomly shouts, "Kid! Sheriff Davis confusingly says, "What?" Carlos stands up and paces back and forth as he replies,
"no ria Oakley She's a 17-year-old high school student who helped me find some evidence.
Sheriff Davis Aseertwz "Where is she now?" Carlos sits down and states, "She's on a dangerous trip to find Katie Colton."

Katie narrates; it's a fine line between life and death, and you never know when it will be crossed.

[in the Canada storage unit]
Mily blinks awake from being hungry; they haven't eaten in days. Anna was practically shaking on the floor. She manages to limp up to the storage unit door and bang on it as she screams, "Hey idiots! "We're hungry, we are going to starve." She gets no answer before she starts banging even more. She gets frustrated and starts crying. When Dan opens the door, she quickly backs away from it. He says, "Be quiet now!"

Mily replies, "I guess we'll just die; you'll have nothing to lure Cody in. For a man so evil, you sure are dumb!" He threatens Mily with his knife close to her neck. Anna wanted to help, but she was too scared of Dan to even blink while he was in the same room. A tear falls out of Mily's eyes as the room silences. If this is what needed to happen for Cody to be safe, she'll do it, even if it means death. This was probably her death moment. He laughs and states, "Don't worry, Milly, I won't kill you. How do pancakes, bacon, and eggs sound?" He puts down the knife.

[at dana house]
johnny opens the car door so Dana can get in, he was lost in her outfit, it was feminine yet simple, he says, "you look beautiful" as she gets into the car, she raises an eyebrow at him, cause all the other girls in school had better Style, she replies "really cause it's a pair of jeans and a shirt I didn't even put on make-up." Johnny thought it was cute, how could someone with those eyes ever Be insecure,