Part 6

About an hour ago, I had woken up from blacking out. I was glad that it was just some sort of dream and I wasn't one of those things outside, but my leg was sliced a bit and it did hurt. I had slid my jacket off and ripped some of the material off my shirt and tied it around so it wouldn't get infected. Zombies weren't banging on the doors and none were in sight, I hadn't seen any of my friends running around outside the halls so in my head, they were gone. Either zombies got them or they were able to find a room and live, or they left me behind to die in this stupid school.

I had found out that I was in our cooking class so obviously I used that to my advantage by looking around and checking the shelves or cabinets for knives that we would use to cut the meat or vegetables with. After looking for a couple of minutes, I had wandered over to the sink and found a dirty kitchen knife sitting in it, waiting to be washed before I smiled a bit and grabbed it, picking it up and holding in front of my face.

"You're gonna be my key to survival..", I whispered to no one in general, just the knife. I heard running outside so quickly, I ducked behind the counter and held the knife to my chest, ready to stab if anything ran into the room with me. My hair was sticking to my face and neck due to the sweat that was slipping down in little beads before I used my free hand and slid my hair back, making my vision more clear. 

The door suddenly flew open and then slammed shut, along with panting so I clenched my fist around the knife handle, prepared. I'm not gonna lie, I was scared but if it came down to it, I would use the knife if I had to. I slowly moved onto my knees and pushed my head up, trying to peek from behind the counter only to see a boy with a bloody white button up and jeans. 

He was leaning against the wall, panting a bit but once I saw the familiar bracelet on his wrist, I knew who it was.

"Gwi-nam..?", I stood up slowly, gripping the knife so tight to the point where my knuckles were turning white from the grip. He snapped his head up and pushed himself off the wall, facing me with his fist up in front of his face with a serious look but calming once he saw it was me, only dropping his fist a little bit, "Nabi, are you..", he started off, backing up a bit more, still holding his fist up.

I shook my head, "No, I swear.", I told him, stepping out from behind the counter, making him lower his fist and sigh before he walked up to me and wrapped his arms around my shoulders, bringing me into his chest. "I was looking for you. I thought you were one of them after seeing a girl who looked like you.. well, until I saw her nametag.", he chuckled the last part, letting me go after seeing I wasn't embracing him back. 

Don't get me wrong, he is a bad person. He's mean and does terrible shit to people but in the end, he has saved my life and has been there for me, no matter what he's done. He's came to my house, sobbing because of what his friends have forced him to do, so I sorta pity him. I sigh and grab his hand, pulling him back into me by wrapping my arms around his waist and resting my cheek against his peck, sniffling as my face grew hot.

"I hate you so much.", he just chuckles, wrapping his arms around me and giving me a squeeze before lowering us both to the ground and pulling me onto his lap, rocking us back and forth a bit as a way of comfort which was sorta shocking because normally he'd make sexual jokes and shit, but this.. this was nice in a way. He raked his fingers through my hair as I dropped the knife to the ground, making a clattering noise behind him while we both ignored the sounds of zombies growling outside of the room. 

We both just sat there for a while, him playing with my hair whilst I rested against his chest, enjoying the peace and affection for a bit before pushing myself back a bit so i could look at his face, which showed some confusion, "You okay?"

"Who would be okay in a world like this?", I bite my lower lip, which makes him bring his hand up and pulling my lip from between my teeth with his thumb, his eyes still moving over my face. "It sucks but I promise you, we'll make it out of here alive.", he says confidently.