Part 17

Nam-ra walked slowly down the cold, winter street, pushing past the fallen buildings that were caught in the crossfire of the explosion. She had been trying to find Nabi to see if she was still herself or if she was truly gone, like everyone besides herself thought. 

She had ran away after trying to attack On-jo, causing all of them to leave her behind to find help for themselves. Silently, she turned a corner and saw a building complex with stairs that led up to a door that had a greeting sign hanging from it, only the door was slightly open a bit, telling her that someone or something was inside. 

Quickly, she walked up the stairs and pushed the door a bit, causing a creaking down to echo throughout the house from it being so silent. When she heard nothing, she slowly pushed the door all the way open before marching inside, looking around at the pictures that hung up on the wall of Gyeong-su and Nabi for all of their birthday's or even special holidays that they had celebrated and taken photos. 

In every single photo, Gyeong-su was making a stupid face whilst Nabi actually posed for some of them, but not all of them. Some of them had her looking down or covering her face, most likely from not wanting people to see her face, even though she was really pretty. Sighing with a smile, Nam-ra pushed through the house and into the kitchen where a white bowl with pretty pink designs, laid on the kitchen counter with some soggy cereal inside of it. 

She didn't notice the cereal but decided that there was nothing to special about being in the kitchen before she stumbled across a small piece of paper that hung on the fridge. 

 'Nabi's special oatmeal cookies!'

Nam-ran smiled as she remembered the small, yellow post it note that Nabi had given her a while back with directions to make 'Strawberry Cheesecake' that her and her family loved to eat for a small snack every once in a while. Her thoughts were interrupted when something crashed loudly to the ground in another room, making her snap her head upwards towards the hall where there were four doors.

"Hello?", Nam-ra called out, quietly but loud enough for anyone in the house to hear. Once it got no response, she let out a breath and walked out of the kitchen, and towards the hall. She moved towards the doors and noticed the height's that were labeled on the doorframe, some in blue and the some in pink.

She rubbed her pointer finger across the cracked and colored wood before tilting her head back up again, then pushing the door open to see Nabi resting on the bed quietly, not moving at all even though her chest was slowly moving up and down. Quickly, she stepped forward towards her, grabbing her hand once she was close enough but pulling away once she realized how cold it truly was, which was weird since she was cold herself.

Nabi groaned, rolling over a bit so her back was facing Nam-ra, causing her to raise an eyebrow before shoving Nabi's back with her hand, "What..", her tired voice muffled throughout her brother's pillows and blanket. She chuckled and sat down on the side of the bed, "I thought you were gone."

Quickly, Nabi snapped her body up and around to see Nam-ra staring directly at her with a sad look before she pulled her into her arms, giggling a bit as she rocked them back and forth a bit. "Oh, my gosh.. I thought you left with the others. Are they okay?"

Nam-ra pulled her head back and nodded at Nabi, making her let out a sigh of relief, "Everyone is okay.. well, besides Wu-jin and some others.", Nabi nodded and rested her head on her shoulder, taking in some breaths while she rubbed her still red eye.

"Has it not cleared up?"

She shook her head, "Not at all... I think I died again, like fully died.", Nabi said lowly, shaking her head a bit before stopping and looking at Nam-ra, "What do you mean?"

"My bones began crunching and crap like that, then I think I had a nose bleed. I blacked out for awhile then woke up when loud explosions were heard all around the house, but then I went back to sleep.."

Nam-ra nodded before speaking, "Do you wanna see the other's again?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They both sat on top of the school roof with jackets on, their hands stuffed in their pockets while the stared directly at the small fire that was lighting up the small area that had snowflakes falling on top of it. "Do you think they'll come..?", Nabi asked quietly.

"Of course.", Nam-ra smiled brightly, not taking her eyes off of the fire that crackled in the silent night sky, like it was trying to communicate with us both. Nabi slowly removed her hand from her jacket pocket and placed it over where her bite would be if she didn't have a jacket on, wincing at the memory of getting her skin torn apart by the zombies that attacked her during her brave moment of trying to help others.

Those thoughts disappeared when the door to the roof opened, revealing a small group of people with heavy coats on. Nabi noticed them all right away, smiling brightly as they walked to the fire whilst also looking around, wondering who started the fire before Nam-ra stepped out from the darkness, leaving Nabi behind to think it through a bit.

Nam-ra spoke to them quietly before finally, Nabi stepped out from the darkness and next to Nam-ra, causing everyone to go silent as they stared at her, "You're... alive?", On-jo spoke happily, but confused.

She nodded quickly before she was tackled into a hug by none other than Cheong-san. He picked her up and spun her around, making her squeal a bit. 

he lowered her to the ground and placed his hands on her cheeks, staring at her for a moment, then placing his lips on hers, sending warmth throughout her entire body as she kissed him back, wishing this moment didn't have to end. Eventually they pulled away and began speaking to everyone quickly since they did have a time limit, "We thought you died, Nabi."

"You can't kill me.", she winked at Dae-su.

He chuckled, "We wanted to come and look for you both but we figured you were both gone forever."

"Nah, she's been sleeping at her house while I've just been wandering around, bored.", Nam-ra tells them, not getting really close with them. On-jo looked down, "we have to go or we'll get in trouble.. we miss you guys, a lot."

They both nodded, moving away from the others, "We've both missed you all."

"yeah, I was almost ready to come and find you guys myself.", Nabi laughed a bit, rocking back and forth on her feet before turning her head to see Cheong-san staring at the ground, silently. She pushed away from the group and stepped towards him, leaning over the side of the building a bit before speaking, "I did it to protect you, ya know.. I didn't want to."

"Seemed like it. We had sex then you fled.", he said dryly.

She nodded, "I was afraid that I was gonna turn and I wouldn't be able to stop myself from hurting any of you. I'm sorry, mk?"

He didn't answer, "Please, forgive me.. I can't live my life like this knowing you don't forgive me."

"Are you leaving again..?", he suddenly questioned her, making her pick at her nails a bit before saying, "Yes. I can't come back with you but think of it this way.... you'll always be able to come and visit because I'm not going anywhere else besides home, okay?", he nods and turns to her, wrapping his arms tightly around her, squeezing her tightly as tears threatened to spill from his eyes.

He had told himself ever since he got saved that she was gone, that he would never see her again but no, she's here. "I'll visit as much as possible, okay? There is a tree up there that On-jo and I set food in front of, try and go there to see us, k?"

She nods, pulling away from him before turning and walking to the edge of the roof that had collapsed, stopping and turning back around towards him, winking and then saluting, which got one back. He watched as the girl he loved turned around and jumped off of the roof, "I'll see you later..", he mutters to no one but himself.