Part 10

I squatted down over the fixed up toilet and relieved myself, looking up at the ceiling since it was an embarrassing situation that I was in to just use the restroom. Everyone said I should at least try because once Dae-su walks in and shits, it's gonna be too bad to handle.

Finally, I got finished and pulled my skirt back up after wiping with a nose wipe since there was no toilet paper in the room with me. I walked out and walked towards where some hand sanitizer was sitting, pumping some on my hands and rubbing them together, ignoring the slight burn from the cuts I had gotten from various other things.

"You can go now, buddy.", I said jokingly towards Dae-su, making him jump up and run towards the bathroom, holding his hands below his butt. I looked over and saw Su-hyeok talking to Nam-ra and something in my stomach twisted, so I walked over to them, "Hey guys."

"Hey, Nabi.", Nam-ra smiled slightly.

"So.. what are we gonna do when we get out of here?"

"How do you know we'll get out of here.. together?"

I look down, "I don't but I feel like we will since we're pretty quick.. and smart!"

Su-hyeok clearly noticed my mood change and wrapped an arm around my neck, pulling me into his side, making me stab my fingers into his ribs, "Ouch, what the heck, Nabi!", he exclaimed while now rubbing his ribs. 

Nam-ra nodded with a small smile, "I'm gonna go sit down.", she turns and walks away towards the table where most people were sitting before taking a seat.

"Do you like anyone?"

I look up the best I can and raise an eyebrow, "Why are you asking that?"

he shrugs, "Just wanted to know in case something does happen, ya know?"

I nod and push him away, lowering myself to the ground, him following beside me and sitting in front of me, "I don't know.. I haven't really thought about it."

"You sure?"

I look at him, "Depends, do you like someone?"

He chuckles and nods, "Who is she?", I stood up after getting no answer and walked away, leaving him confused. I sat down beside the table and leaned my head back against the wall, wincing as it popped loudly, making On-jo tilt her head down to me, "I'm fine.. it just popped.", she nodded and laid her head down on her arms.

I sat there for awhile, thinking about what life would be like if I did make it out of here before someone sat next to me, "You okay?", Cheong-san asked quietly, making sure no one could hear. I sigh, "Just thinking as always, you?"

He nodded with a small smile, "I'm fine.. not the greatest but ya know, fine."

I grabbed his hand, "You'll see her again. I promise it."

Cheong-san squeezes my hand in his and lets out a shaky breath, "What if she's gone.. what if she came looking for me and something happened.", he was shaking and I could feel it. He was worried that his mother would turn into one of those things and I didn't know what to do since Gyeong-su turned, even after I was told he wouldn't. I let out a breath and turn my head to him, "I promise you will see your mother again, she is a smart woman and knows how to take care of herself.", he turns to me and nods with a smile that showed his white teeth.

After staring for awhile, he began to slowly lean in along with me before I realized what was happening, I fake yawned and turned my head, letting it fall against his shoulder, "I'm tired.. wake me up in the morning.", I whisper, closing my eyes and snuggling into his side to get warm.