Chapter 44

"Harmony you know that's not your dad." I said sternly. Malachi stood there silent I guess not knowing what to say.

"Yes he is." she argued, reaching for him to pick her up.

"No he is not." I said putting her down. "Zone you is your daddy and you know that." I said.

"But why can't I just have two daddies. Machi my daddy and daddy my daddy." she tried to reason with me.

"No Harmony. Don't call him that again or I'm gonna pop you." I said. I never really whoop her like that cause she is a good child but she does have her days where I gotta bring my inner ratchet black mother techniques out and whoop her ass.

"Machi!" she hollered as the waterworks started. I don't know why they hell she is acting out right now but I don't like it. She reached out for Malachi to pick her up and he did as she cried into his shoulder.

"I'm so sorry about that Malachi. I don't know why sh-" he stopped me and grabbed my hand.

"It's no problem. I can talk to her if you want me to. She reminds me so much of Melo- nevermind." he said. I saw a flash of maybe pain or sadness come across his face but he quickly tried to hide it. I wonder what he was about to say? We continued to walk to his car and Harmony was still crying on his shoulder.

"Um thanks for offering to talk to her but I think I'll just talk to her when we get home. But please do me a favor and don't tell Zone she called you daddy. He will flip out and I don't want there to be any drama. So please keep it between us three." I said. He looked unsure.

"I mean Zone is my nigga. I would want someone to tell me if Melo- nevermind I won't tell." he said shaking his head. Yet again there was that flash of hurt across his face.

"Are you okay? You seem down." I asked. He shook my hand. "Yeah I'm good." he replied. Just as he said that, we finally reached the car. Harmony was sniffling at this point but as soon as he tried to put her down she started hollering again.

"Harmony I'mma give you five seconds to fix your face up." I snapped when she started to act like a baby.

(Authors Pov: I don't know about ya'll, but when my mom would say that, I knew it was time to stop cutting up and act right!)

She instantly stopped crying and wiped her face. I picked her up and placed her in car seat. Malachi went to get in the drivers seat but I stopped him.

"Can I drive please?" I asked Malachi. He burst out laughing.

"Nah you good." he laughed pulling out his keys and stepping into the car. It's time to bring out the crocodile tears. I began to sniffle and act like I was gonna cry.

"I'm sorry it's just that I-I thought I cou- could drive before I grow any b-b-bigger and you know what. Nevermind." I sniffled, trying not to laugh. He got out and switched sides with me.

"I know you were faking but here my little cry baby." he handed me the keys. I did a little mini dance because he was actually gonna let me drive.

As we got on the road, I couldn't help but notice that Malachi kept looking at his phone. Me being the nosy person I am, when we stopped at a light he was looking at a picture of a little girl. She had blue eyes a shade lighter than his and long curly hair. The girl reminded me of Harmony. He must have a little sister or something.

:::Ro's Pov:::

"Up and over Carla. You need to remember to follow through." I blew my whistle. I grabbed my racket getting ready to show her what I was talking about.

"Can you just hit with me and then see if I do it right?" she asked.

"No problem." I put my dampener on my racket and stood at the base line. "Serve." I told her. She nodded. She served the ball and it landed right in the corner. "Good Carla!" I cheered because she is so uncomfortable with her serve but she did a great job. It almost went past me but nah I'm Ro so you know I couldn't let that happen. I returned her serve with a backhand and we went back and forth with a rally. We decided to stop when we saw the time.