Epilogue (4) Aaron

Aaron

"Why didn't they come to pick us up?" Liam asked, taking his shades off.

It was already past 10 and their plane just landed. Will we be able to arrive at the twins' birthday on time?

There's heavy traffic since it's friday.

"They're celebrating." I said.

"God, I really hate the Philippine air." Jack uttered, wearing his mask.

I rolled my eyes. "From now on, I hate Croatia." I told him.

He hates my country? Then I hate his more.

"Oh, shut up."

We first went to a drive thru because they refused to eat airplane food and now they're starving.

"Where's the cake?" I asked James when I was reminded about the cake.

James' Mom said she'll make the twins' cake for us and I sure hope James didn't forget.

"Ah, fuck. I forgot."

"You dipshit!" Jack flicked his forehead. "How can you forget something so important?!"

"It's fine, let's just buy another one." Henry compromised.

I nodded. We drove by a café and James was the one who paid for the cake. It's his fault for forgetting the free cake we had.

"Dude, can't this shitshow be faster? We're going to be late!" Jack panicked, glancing at his watch back and forth.

I, too, was panicking!

"Shut up!" Liam said.

All of us were panicking!

It was already 11:30 when we arrived at the club.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck," Liam breathed.

"James, go fucking stall them!" Jack pushed James down the stairs.

James raised a middle finger at us but we ignored him.

I was trying to wake Ichigo up but she wasn't budging! The plan was to party, not black out!

"Liam, can you get water?" I asked him as I handed him the empty bucket from earlier that held beers.

"Sure thing,"

"Ichigo, wake up..." I shook her body but she was passed out cold.

A little while later, Noah arrived. I think he was taking home the other girls.

"She's not awake yet?" Noah asked, helping me wake Ichigo up.

Why is she such a heavy sleeper?!

The countdown was about to start. She needs to be awake. She's the one going to hold the cake for pete's sake!

I used the water Liam got to wipe Ichigo's face, hoping to wake her up. And she did.

"Hi--"

I was cut off when she enveloped me in a hug. "Is it midnight already? Sorry I fell asleep."

"It's fine," I said and collapsed from the hug. I glanced at Liam but he was looking away from us.

Did he see us hug?

This is also one of the reasons why I never liked being in these kinds of situations. When someone in the group likes someone, it just fucks things up.

"Can you walk?" I asked her and she nodded.

She fixed herself first before we went downstairs.

It was a minute before midnight. We were lighting up the candles on the cake while Ichigo holds it.