Epilogue (1) Aaron

Aaron

"Dude, come on! You have to be faster than that!" Oscar shouted, pushing me.

We were running late for our first day of class. I know we'll receive an earful from our adviser but I just couldn't help playing video games.

"Come on! Come on!" Oli panicked, holding out his hands for the two of us. The guard was starting the countdown so he can close the gates. They always does this! I can't afford another minus on my exams. I need to keep up with Oli.

We grabbed Oli's hands right before the guard blocked the gate.

"Sorry, Kuya Berto, but we got in on time," Oscar grinned and showed our hands.

I laughed. Kuya Berto had no choice but to let us in. Because we did got in.

The morning ceremonies just started so we sneaked in the lines of our classmates. It was easy to spot them since we were in a private school and we've known each other for years.

"First day and you're still late," Joshua teased us.

We were always late last year. I guess some things won't change.

The morning ceremonies started and a few students climbed up the stage to start.

And by a few students, a particular one caught my eye. She has a mid long hair that's tucked clean behind her ear and she's wearing a bow.

I smiled. Cute.

--

"Dude come on, let me copy yours! Just this once!" Oscar insisted.

I rolled my eyes, "Os, we're already in sixth grade, surely, you're capable of studying last night."

He pulled his own hair out of frustration. "But they didn't even tell us we have a quiz!"

"Don't do that, you'll go bald. I'll let you copy mine." Oli said.

"Come on, Ol, don't. He needs to learn to study."

"It's just a quiz. Plus no one notices us, they don't pay attention. And if they do catch us, what will they do? Call our parents?"

When did he become so sarcastic?

I averted my gaze elsewhere and that's when I saw the same girl from last week. She was wearing a different colored bow. She looks like a new student.

"Is that the girl?" Oscar asked, now staring at the girl.

"Yeah, she looks cute. I wonder how old she is. It'll be weird if she's younger than how she looks."

Oscar tapped my shoulders. "Shut it, you're not doing something illegal."

--

Oscar and I started waking up earlier with the help of Oli.

Plus, I started to like the morning ceremonies.

And by that, I mean the bow girl.

"That's her, she looks pretty in the morning," Oscar teased.

I jokingly slapped his shoulders.

"Don't be too obvious."

"Such a pussy."

"Oscar!" Our adviser warned.

Oscar made a zipper sign in his mouth and then went back in line.

I need to know her name at the very least.

--

"Liandra!"

My ears sat up when I heard Thea's voice. We were at the library, finishing our robotics project. The bow girl was with us, but she was reading a book.