Chapter 3

My POV

Mrs. Woodpecker was right, by the time I reached Wales my age caught up to me. I was now eighteen and was ok with the fact I wasn't going to be stuck as a sixteen-year-old my entire life. Eighteen I can deal with at least that puts me at a decent, permanent age. I walked into town present-day and walked to a group of kids hanging out by a fountain.

"Hey uh... I was wondering if anyone knows where the children's home is?" I scratched my head, and they looked at each other.

"You know that place is just rubble at this point, right?" a young guy mocked me and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, actually I do. I just wanted to go visit there, alright?" I crossed my arms, starting to get angry at these twerps. Of course, I had grown up with these types but after spending two years in the loop I forgot how irritating today's kids were.

"Don't listen to them I can help you. The name's Jake." a new voice spoke up, and I turned around to see a guy looking around my age. I nodded and walked up, shaking his hand.

"Elizabeth, a pleasure to meet you."

"Elizabeth? Damn the bird, I swear knows everything." I looked confused until I realized.

"Bird? Do you know Mrs. P? I'm supposed to find her home." I held up the envelope excitedly and he let out a laugh as we walked through town to a small cavern next to the beach.

"Yeah, our loop is here, she's been expecting you and the rest of the children are excited to meet you. We have a kid named Horace who sees visions in his sleep. You've been the buzz lately." Jake said just as the comforting sounds of the ticking clock started. Once we walked outside, a girl was sitting on a horse-drawn wagon.

"Oh, is this her Jake?" she spoke up as I was watching her restless aura spring into a bright blue, excited to see me.

"This is my girlfriend Emma, she can control the air in short terms." Jake introduced us while we threw my luggage on the cart as Emma hopped down and hugged me.

"It's so wonderful to finally meet you in person, I feel like through all of Horace's dreams I got to know you but this makes it official!" Her smile gleamed bright, and I nodded curiously, were Horace's dreams anything like Ryan's?

Jake finally got on and as we started to ride towards the house, Jake was asking how long it took me to get here as Emma was catching me up with everyone and their names and peculiars since she assumed the same thing I was thinking which everyone was going to know me but I don't know them.

"Well, I came from Mrs. Woodpecker's back in 1940 so it wasn't too bad I only aged about two years. Did take me a while to get here." I laughed.

"So Mrs. P never mentioned but what happened? Is Mrs. Woodpecker's loop closed?" Emma asked, understanding the caution on loops.

"No. My loop had a sight-seer like yours, and for months he kept seeing me with this strange fellow. Well, after news on how you guys saved us all from the Hallows, we could put a face to the name we kept hearing; Enoch. Figured he would still be with you guys, so I guess I'm going to see where destiny sends me." I felt confident but then I realized. Why was I coming here? Just to see if some guy liked me? The Visions always made it seem pretty clear but at that moment I wasn't so sure anymore.

"Right, I wonder if between your Ryan and our Horace we can finally get a clearer picture on it." Jake nodded towards the Victorian home we were here and as I got off, I was impressed at the place. I grabbed my stuff as Jake and Emma walked towards the house and opened the door. I was astonished at how beautiful it was inside, almost feeling like I could easily fit here, as I did with Mrs. W.

"Perfect children, right on time! Hello Dear, I'm Mrs. Peregrine" The Lady that we had seen as the ymbryne in this loop came down and shook my hand.

"Hello Ma'am, I'm sure you know but I'm Elizabeth. Oh uh, Mrs. Woodpecker wanted me to-"

"Don't fret darling, I'll let her know you got here alright. Now Emma dear, why don't you show Elizabeth around before dinner."

Emma took me around the house, introducing everyone she could find. I shouldn't have been surprised but meeting each one, they were surprised to know I was real and a few of them asked if Enoch was going to be my boyfriend. Some of the younger ones just wanted to see if I could play, all I could do was smile, happy that my worries of everyone not liking me were coming to falsehood.

"Slow down guys, Elizabeth has just gotten here let's give her time to adjust and settle. She came to get answers just like us." Emma helped the children get back into their games and I whispered thanks.

"So Mrs. P cleared out an extra room for you, so you'll have your own space since the younger ones always like to attach themselves, especially to newcomers. When Jake first arrived, Claire never wanted to stop playing with him. It was hilarious." Emma and I started laughing until we reached the third floor. I saw two doors right next to each other as Emma opened the door on the left, revealing a simple but beautiful room. I stared at the door on the right, the door wide open, revealing a boy's room. I saw a boy around my age working on a project before I knew he could sense he was being watched. Looking up at me, his face was uninterested in me before standing up and walked over. I opened my mouth to say hello, and he closed the door harshly. I sighed, walking into my room and looked around.

"Ironic but you'll be living next to Enoch. I will warn you though the Enoch you might know from the visions isn't the Enoch today. I'll see you at dinner" Emma smiled before leaving to head downstairs. I started unpacking everything I brought with me, trying to make my new room feel more comfortable. I looked at the clock, seeing I had half an hour until Dinner so I decided to lie on my bed and adjust until it was time to change into my clothes. I would miss my family... Did I come here for nothing?