Chapter 7

My POV

Minutes passed, and we just stared at each other, breathing heavily, both of us too scared to say the first word.

"That was...Amazing." Enoch, for the first time I've seen, truly smiles. I could see the longing in his eyes; that speck that wanted me. We clasped hands before getting up, deciding to head back inside before anyone caught us and we got in trouble. I didn't want to part with him. For the first time, I felt different. Not alone. I deep down knew we'd eventually be together because of the visions but I never imagined how blissful this would feel. I felt whole. We stopped at the top of the stairs before our doors. Neither one of letting go of the other.

"Goodnight Elizabeth. Sweet dreams." He gave me another gentle kiss before letting me go into my room. I closed the door behind me as I entered my room, my heart pumping as I could barely contain my emotions. I let it go, feeling a wave of love and happiness radiating from me. The feeling I got replaying that kiss just made me...complete...Maybe it will work out.

The next morning, I woke up humming a happy little tune as I got up and quickly got dressed before knocking on Enoch's door. Huh, no answer? Is he still sleeping?

I walked downstairs yawning before I noticed everything standing outside the kitchen whispering and someone whistling.

"What's all the" I started to speak but Emma covered my mouth. Everyone was staring at Enoch not only in the kitchen this early in the morning but making pancakes for breakfast. That's...different.

"Elizabeth what's his mood? This scares me," Olive whispered, chuckling, and I poked my head to get a good look.

"He still definitely has black around his hands, but his heart isn't full black anymore. I can start to see colors in it again. I see a bright white line around it too. I think the more he lets himself feel and shows his emotion, I'll be able to read him like anyone else," I whispered before Jake had to ruin the moment.

"Enoch! What are you doing! You're freaking everyone out."

Enoch turned around and saw everyone in the doorway watching him and he- he laughed!

"Good morning everyone! Did we sleep ok?" I don't believe this... Is this all change from last night?

"Were glad to see you happy Enoch but where did this come from?" Horace snickered, looking at me, causing me to blush. Did he have a dream of seeing us kiss?

"Wouldn't you like to know! No, come on, everyone, before the food gets cold." Enoch served everyone before sitting in his seat and looked over at me, his eyes for the first time not dull but lively.

"Sleep well last night Elizabeth?" Enoch grabbed my hand under the table and rubbed circles on the back of my hand.

Blushing, I responded, "I did, Enoch thank you."

After breakfast, I helped Enoch do the dishes as we chatted about my peculiarities.

"After last night, I was lying in my bed thinking I could try to make you a living doll. Something to help you practice your peculiarities without causing harm to the other kids. Or heck, I could even be your test dummy if you wanted. I want to see what amazing things you can do."

"That's very sweet of you Enoch, thank you. You were very cheerful this morning. I think you almost gave us a heart attack with your whistling." I chuckled as we walked outside to head over to the oak tree, my lips tingling for another kiss.

"Well Elizabeth, I suppose if you must know I had a wonderful night last night; I still feel so euphoric." Enoch grinned and took my hand, twirling me around. I decided to mock him giggling.