Fury

Gabriel looked at Nathalie, she thought about what to say. He was glad that she seemed to be fine, she was standing in front of him in that typical hospital shirt, calmly holding his hands and her hair falling over her shoulder. "Well, me and Jean were at a warehouse to look at the sky, I said goodbye and was climbing down the ladder when I suddenly got dizzy. I just remember holding on to the ladder and then myself blacked out. I probably fell. Jean said I forgot my phone and when he went to give it to me, he saw me falling and immediately called the ambulance. The doctors say I was lucky I didn't have me serious hurt, it's really all good" As he listened to her, he wished more and more that he had been there. He could definitely have safe her. "I'm so relieved that you're doing well," he said and hugged the surprised Nathalie. As he released her, she smiled soft at him and then turned around "I'd like to change my clothes and then go home" she said and he wondered if he had just imagined it or if she really blushed, " uhm... yeah... are you allowed to go?" he asked worried, she nodded and he left the room, closing the door behind him. Gabriel went to the reception and asked "What can you tell me about Nathalie Sancoeur?" The woman looked up briefly and then tipping something on her PC "A mild concussion after falling from a height, she should be able to walk home, but stay on bed to rest. Possible symptoms could still be headache, dizziness, sickness, sleepiness, etc. but you can easily treat that with pills." she now said without looking up. He nodded "Is there anything strange or do you know why she fell?" he asked and tried not to attract too much attention to Nathalie, the woman looked at him confused, "Could there be something unusual? The patient say, she had a bit circulatory problems because she had worked a little too much and then she lose consciousness. It's not unusual, she should just take care of herself more. There's nothing strange about that" "Yeah, she works a lot, that sounds very plausible" he said calmly. The woman went back to her work and hadn't see anything strange about Nathalie's condition. Even in the past Emilie's doctors could not found out what caused her fainting spells. She had been search for everything, but found nothing and he knew that it would be the same with Nathalie and just tried to avoid too much attention to her, because otherwise it would only be noticed that her circulation was great. Nathalie was now dressed and left the room, leaving her hair down. "And you're sure you don't want to stay?" he asked her again and she nodded. "She's beautiful with her hair down," he thought. He kept hearing people whispering as he left the hospital at Nathalie's side. "Isn't that Gabriel Agreste and his assistant?", "What is Gabriel Agreste doing in this hospital?" or "OMG, Gabriele Agreste in public, what happened?" and he also saw that many people took their cell phones and filmed them or took pictures. It annoyed him a little that people were paying so much attention to them and taking pictures so disrespectful. "This is inappropriate," he thought. When he and Nathalie finally got into the car and were shielded from the eyes of the people, he sighed with relief, "It's really something special when you are in public," she joked. He smiled slightly, "Take us home" he said to the chauffeur and they drove off. Nathalie had simply fallen asleep on the drive and now her head was resting on his shoulders. "She's cute when she's asleep," he thought, feeling guilty again, but still take his head on hers. When they arrived, he didn't want to wake her, so he carried her to her room, laid her gently on her bed, and covered her up. Her room was very clean and there was a book on her desk. He had to smile that despite the fact that she worked a lot, she still found time to read. He wasn't often in her room and now he took a quick look around. There were two shelves in the room that were full of books, she had always read a lot since he had known her, next to the wardrobe there was a commode with a mirror and under the window was the desk, a white round carpet lay in the middle of the room. Her room was much smaller than his or his son's and didn't have its own bathroom. The only colorful thing in this room were the many books. 

When Gabriel Agreste entered his office the next morning, Nathalie was already sitting on her work, as usual. He wished her "Good morning" and she nodded. He was a little annoyed that she was already working and not resting, but said nothing about it. Both worked for hours without saying a word. "Would you really do everything to save Emilie?" Nathalie interrupted the silence, he looked surprised up from the drawing, "Yes, you know that," he said resolute, Nathalie nodded slowly and both continued to work "Your son has a fencing tournament today, you should really go there," Nathalie said now, "I still have work to do," he said without looking at her. He heard Nathalie walking towards him, "I know very well that that's not true," she replied angry, "You shouldn't more distance from him, he didn't deserve that." He now looked up and repeated, "I've got work to do" " You can probably take a few hours off," she replied more strict. "You don't have the right to talk to me like that, Nathalie," he said angrily. Nathalie gave him a slap in the face without hesitation, he looked at her in surprise. "I will not stand by and watch this family fall apart," she said and left the room. He touched his cheek, he was surprised that she had the courage to hit him and that she was really strong, he was still angry, but he giggle at her action, "What a stubborn woman" thought him and went back to work.