"I'd be glad to have you by my side again"

Nathalie had really enjoyed the time with her family, even if it was strange at first to see them again, but it was very good. She had regained her old strength. Her parents had left her room as it was. "I wanted to be a writer back then" she thought, there were a few books on a shelf that she had started to write back then, often even by hand, but somehow she never managed to finish one and one day she gave up writing completely. She had read the news every day, Hawk Moth had attacked often, but always fail and he called himself Shadow Moth. She was afraid that if she went back, he might still continue to work alone. She had often thinking about writing to him and asking how he was doing or if there was anything new, but "He's my boss, that would be strange," she had said to herself and then don't do it. She had been here for a week or more now, the sense of time was gone at some point. Autumn was officially over and the trees were bare and the air was freezing. She received a message from Adrien "Nathalie, when are you coming back?" She smiled, the boy texted her several times and told her about his day, "And I even talked to Ladybug today, she's so nice" or "Dad, allowed me to hang out with my friends" and then a picture of him. It made her smile when he told her about his day. "Tomorrow" she wrote back, yes she missed Paris very much, she had grown up here, but Paris was now her home. She was now walking through a forest, a small river was babbling next to it and she saw a small animal scampering back and forth that seemed to be searching. The breath crystallized in front of her face and her hands were freezing. "I should go back" she thought and looked forward to sitting in front of the fireplace with a hot tea. 

Early the next day she was on the train back to Paris. On the way to the train station she had bought a small pack of biscuits in a bakery which she now ate while watching the landscape go by. It was already late afternoon as she finally got home, she put her things in her room and went into the office. A look at her phone told her that Gabriel had just akumatized someone. She looked at the tablet "While I am here, I can still do a bit of work." she said and read emails. She discovered that there was another deadline today where Gabriel hadn't turned yet anything. She shook her head in amusement "nothing works without me." she went to his computer and connect it with her tablet to turn in the required drawings herself. She quickly found the drawings she needed and scrolled through a few others. she liked his outfits, but then she saw something that irritated her, "Is... that me?" she asked, blushing, "Did he draw me?" surprised, she took a closer look at the drawing. He draw her, sometimes quite normal and sometimes as Mayura. She heard a soft whirring, "Eh..." she got nervous and quickly turn the computer off "Why did he...?" she thought and stared at Gabriel, who had now entered the room. "I'm back, um... you forgot to check something in, I'll do it quickly." she said and didn't look at him "How was the holiday?" he asked, walking past her. "Great," she said, hoping she wasn't acting too weird as her heart pounded in her chest. She now looked at her tablet and handed in the outfits. "Shadow Moth?" she asked now, when she had calmed a bit down, "It's fitting, isn't it?" asked he. She nodded. "Would you like it back?" he asked her and handed her the Miraculous "It shouldn't hurt anymore, of course only if you feel good enough to use it again" she looked at him "Can I really?" he looked at her confused, "I would be glad to have you by my side again" she smiled and took it. They entered the secret room again and she called "Duusu, transform me" she felt stronger, it was like a burden had been lifted from her. She spin enthusiastically around. "And?" he asked her "It's wonderful, it feels so much easier" she smiled flirtatious and looked at Gabriel. "Nathalie... why are you doing all this for me? Why did you risk your life?" he now asked her seriously. She smiled and walked towards him and without hesitation kissed him. It was short, but long enough for him to understand. "Because of this, Gabriel" she smiled. "Nathalie...?" he looked at her in surprise, but she interrupted him "I'm Mayura, remember? Nathalie would never dare to do something like that." she laughed. "If I hadn't done it, I would regret it forever," she said, knowing exactly what Jean had said this to her.