Centicore

Artist~ unknown, found on Pinterest

CENTICORE

(sent-e-core)

Historical Context:
The centicore, also known as the yale or the eale, and is originally from European mythology. It is also mentioned in sub-Saharan African records for a sighting in the plains.

Height: ≈ 175cm
Weight: ≈ up to 65kg
Life-span: twenty years
Attack: 70 // long horns, strong hooves
Armour: 10 // soft skin
Defence: 70 // long horns, strong limbs, fast
Stealth: 30 // coat helps blend in with surroundings
Diet: herbivore // grass, berries, leaves, moss
Habitat: varies // usually found in forests, alongside deer, grassplains too

Height: ≈ 175cmWeight: ≈ up to 65kgLife-span: twenty yearsAttack: 70 // long horns, strong hoovesArmour: 10 // soft skinDefence: 70 // long horns, strong limbs, fastStealth: 30 // coat helps blend in with surroundingsDiet: herbivore // grass, berr...

Artist~ unknown, found on Pinterest

Sex:

The male centicore is known as a buck, and the female centicore is called a doe. Their offspring are known as lambs.

Appearance:

The centicore shares a lot of physical qualities with the African antelope and an ordinary goat. They have long strong legs that are built with muscles, as well as in their neck, which helps support the weight that's on their head. Two horns that sit between the ears twist around to go forward and backward 

Mating:

For centicores, it is the doe that pursues the buck during mating season. They can have up to three lambs during their lifetime, usually carrying the offspring through winter to spring. Mates stay together for this period, and stay through the summer after birth, but then the buck moves on, and the lambs stay with the doe.

 Mates stay together for this period, and stay through the summer after birth, but then the buck moves on, and the lambs stay with the doe

Artist~ unknown, found on Pinterest

Hunting:

These creatures are herbivores, so their foraging habits turn to finding the best grass, berries and tree bark. Centicores often travel in herds for the majority of their lifetime, and will move across great lengths to chase away winter for warmer weather and food. 

Temperament:

Skittish creatures that can be suitable for capturing and using for profits if there are no deer to farm instead. During lamb season, the bucks and does become aggressive and territorial. Wild centicores have proven fast runners and hard to catch. They are great jumpers, and are intelligent enough to gnaw through rope, so transferring these creatures in captivity becomes quite hard, which is why you won't see many enclosed. It has been proven that they can be tamed as pets, though.

Rarity:

Centicores possess the ability to move their antlers/horns any direction they please at any given  moment. This gives them a great advantage in defending against attacks.

 This gives them a great advantage in defending against attacks

Artist~ Tina Leigh