Wendigo

~Artist Unknown

WENDIGO
(whe-een-di-go)

Historical Context:

Wendigos originate from the folklore of the First Nations Algonquian tribes based in the northern forests of Nova Scotia, the East Coast of Canada, and Great Lakes Region of Canada and in Wisconsin, United States.

Height: ≈ 14.8 ft
Weight: ≈ two-hundred kilograms
Life span: ≈ fifteen to twenty years
Attack: seventy//teeth, horns and claws
Armour: twenty//their soft flesh offers little protection
Defence: sixty// will use teeth and claws for self-defence,
Stealth: twenty//they are large creatures that stomp and thrash around
Diet: carnivore// main diet of bugs, berries and smaller creatures
Habitat: forest//always found where mass trees are growing

8 ftWeight: ≈ two-hundred kilogramsLife span: ≈ fifteen to twenty yearsAttack: seventy//teeth, horns and clawsArmour: twenty//their soft flesh offers little protectionDefence: sixty// will use teeth and claws for self-defence, Stealth: twenty//the...

~Artist: HBHeavenlyBoy

Sex:
Wendigo's can be referred to with human genders or deer genders. They're either male or stag and female or doe, considering their appearances and the belief that wendigo's were once humans.

Appearance:
The wendigo isn't a pretty sight, that's for sure. They're extremely tall and are sometimes considered giants. It's main structure is much like a human. A wendigo can also be compared to a faun/satyr as they stand on two animal-like legs and can keep upright most of the time. Unfortunately, if they're wanting to move faster, they can use both their arms and legs to navigate and run through forest terrain. On their hands, or sometimes forelegs, they have long spiked fingers which can be confused as fingernails but are covered in fur; just like the rest of the wendigo's body. A wendigo's head is quite intriguing, it's considered the worst part of the body. The first thing you may notice is that it is made of bone (or it looks that way). The head of a wendigo is in-fact bone, and the muscles are kept inside. The eyes cannot be seen during the day and their teeth and a long black tongue are always visible.
On the top of a wendigo's head are antlers. Depending on the gender, the horns are either larger or smaller, but they have some nonetheless; stags tend to have the larger horns. Their neck is the fluffiest part of the wendigo, almost like a scarf. It takes resemblance to a vixen's tail. Primarily, the colour range of a wendigo's fur coat is dark. The lightest would either be a light brown or grey; but typically, they're dark.

Mating:
Wendigo's aren't typically known to be creatures that show affection to any kind. They're never seen in groups, but occasionally with another that is considerably smaller. This is assumed to be offspring of a mated pair. Though it is unknown how a wendigo gives birth or if they have mating rituals, it is obvious that they still function as normal beasts. During spring, most of the younger wendigos' can be noted, sometimes they can be found in summer, but never in autumn or winter.

 During spring, most of the younger wendigos' can be noted, sometimes they can be found in summer, but never in autumn or winter

~Artist: Itaudia on Deviantart

Hunting:
Wendigo's can often be referred to as the Spirit of Lonely Places, and is known to hunt human flesh during winter. Considering the habitat of wendigo's, it is obvious that during winter, it will become a lonely place. Woods and forests tend to be more active during winter for these creatures, up to ten can be wandering within fifty metres of each other, but never together. Both stag's and doe's do the hunting, so it can be noted that a mated pair don't look after each other after summer.
A wendigo will typically feast on anything that is full of meat, but they do prefer to snack on human flesh.

Temperament:
Wendigo's aren't exactly known as creatures with a caring nature. They aren't easily provoked and relatively timid during spring and summer, but come the colder seasons, they are merciless. Wendigo's are known to be relentless when they're hungry, and they become most eager for food during winter. As far as knowledge goes, wendigo's cannot be trained nor kept as a pet. It is also highly recommended to not keep a wendigo contained, because it will remember it's captor's face and happily seek revenge. 

Rarity:
Wendigo's are pretty standard, but every now and then, a wendigo can be born with extra abilities. Once a month, a wendigo is born with the abilities to change the weather and mimic human noises. Both of these abilities never work in favour of their prey. If it is winter, they can summon a snowstorm to create a disadvantage for whom they want to devour. 
But it is the mimicking of human sounds and voices that is the most troublesome. If there are hunters in the vicinity of wendigo's, and a hunter goes missing, don't run after their voice. You won't find the lost hunter, but their murderer instead.

 You won't find the lost hunter, but their murderer instead

~Artist: m00r on DeviantArt