Amphisbaena

Artist~ mictones on DeviantArt

AMPHISBAENA

(am-fiz-bin-ah)

Historical Context:
The amphisbaenas are a part of Greek mythology. It is believed that they were created after Medusa's slaughter by Perseus, where the blood from Medusa's head dripped down onto the sand and created the serpent like creatures.

Height: ≈ varies
Weight: ≈ seven kilograms
Life span: ≈ fifteen to twenty years
Attack: forty//they use teeth and claws when hunting
Armour: twenty//their soft and fluffy fur offers no protection
Defence: sixty// will use teeth and claws for self defence, also very fast when it comes to running away
Stealth: ninety//soft padding under paws and light weight allow it to trend lightly on the ground when hunting, good camouflage
Diet: carnivore// main diet of bugs and smaller creatures
Habitat: anywhere

Height: ≈ variesWeight: ≈ seven kilogramsLife span: ≈ fifteen to twenty yearsAttack: forty//they use teeth and claws when huntingArmour: twenty//their soft and fluffy fur offers no protectionDefence: sixty// will use teeth and claws for self defen...

Artist~ Feig-Art on DeviantArt

Sex:
Amphisbaena are incredibly simple when it comes to naming their genders. They are simply male and female. Typically, females are more colourful and more fiesty, but anything is possible. Amphisbaena are incredibly hard to tell apart in a lot of cases, other than colour and temparment, there is no give to which gender the reptilian creature could be. Their offspring are called neonate's as they grow, but hatchlings as newborns.

Appearance:
As seen in the picture, amphisbaena are serpent like creatures with horns, wings and two legs. Their long, tube like bodies are covered in scales and can change colour to better suit their surroundings and camouflage themselves. Amphisbaena are also incredibly unique in the fact that they have two heads, one on either side of the body. Both heads have split tongues, fangs, horns and brilliant eyesight. On one end, one head is paired with wings and forelegs. Unfortuantely, the other head is not so lucky. 
As for size, the amphisbaena can come in all sorts of varients. Sometimes they are small like robins, other times they can be big as elephants; but that case is less likely.

Mating:
Amphisbaena aren't typically family creatures. They mate whenever they feel like it and don't look after their offspring. The creatures don't look after each other either. They can fight in groups, known as pits, but they don't look after each other. 

Artist~ mictones on DeviantArt

Hunting:
As said before, amphisbaena can fight in pits, but they have no loyalty to each other. As you already know, female amphisbaena are more fiesty, which makes them more vicious and aggressive when they hunt small rodents and birds depending on their size. The male amphisbaena is less aggressive and somewhat lazy when it comes to hunting, but in the end, they get the job done.

Temperament:
As mentioned multiple times, the female amphisbaena are aggressive and vicious, great to keep as battle creatures. The male amphisbaena can be vicious as well, but they need motivation (like food) to fight well. The males are easier to deal with because they are calmer, but amphisbaena should never be kept as pets. 

Rarity:
Sometimes amphisbaena are born without horns, wings and forelegs. They are also covered in scales and their temperaments are the same as the usual amphisbaena. These disadvantaged serpents are less likely to show themselves, but they do exist, even if they slither through burrows underground.

 These disadvantaged serpents are less likely to show themselves, but they do exist, even if they slither through burrows underground

Artist ~ Unknown