CHAPTER 13

HIM

Another year passed by, and I have never felt this old, oh well... I'm still unsure of what course I should pick after senior high... After moving up, we were all teary-eyed– well mostly Sen and Alexa, a little bit of Andy too– we were hesitant and sad to leave our junior days behind, despite the short years I've been in this school, I feel burdened with more responsibilities and tons of homework to do– although, I couldn't say it was different when we were juniors... I think it's more of leaving behind the memories and being young without thinking about our future and more adult stuff.

Now here we are... Senior year, not really quite an adjustment I would say since most of us, friends are still in the same school... only with different strands I suppose. It's quite terrifying and a bit lonely. Halos lahat ng mga kaibigan ko pumunta ng STEM kami lang ni Jun yung umiba. Jun's in the ABM strand, since he was really interested in doing business... while me...

I had to stick with HUMSS since I'm quite interested in studying human emotions or something... I don't really know, I'm more worried about college though... Jun and the others are quite lucky... they already know what courses to take for college while me... I'm still contemplating what career path I'd take.

Tama ba ang napili kong strand? Theater arts ba talaga ang kukunin ko? Should I really pursue acting?

Sighing, I should not let this bother me now... nandito na ako eh? Ano pa magagawa ko? Just like they all say, you already started it, there's no going back now, you just have to finish it. Anyway it's not really that bad... Ha! Yan masasabi ni Skyler noong first week ng classes. During the middle of the first semester, I regretted saying that...

Here I am with ten essays to write, five literary works to read, presentations to prepare– from short films, speeches, and pretty much all about public speaking, and the highlight of every Senior high school student... Research! Yey~

Yeah, right. Anyway, to sum it all up, I'm pretty much tired and we haven't even finished with the first semester yet. That's not all, Midterms. After ng PT week hahaha dagdag sa stress na naman yan. Push mo lang yan Sky.

Thank God it had already passed, and Intrams na naman! This time we're part of the Senior high school... It feels weird.

"Tingnan mo ho, may hinahabol nanaman sila... Ugh this is what I hate in every event in Ateneo, bakit kasi may mga ganyang booths parin sila ineestablish tsk. We can't truly enjoy peace around here." I heard Alexa complain. It was one sunny day at noon, we were having our lunch break at nakapwesto kami malapit sa field, sitting at one of the benches.

I looked at Alexa as she rolled her eyes at the sight of two students who were running past us. This girl could really easily get irritated with almost everything that she finds unnecessary or... what's that word again? Ah, extra.

"Remi, gusto mo i-lista kita sa isang booth?" I asked, wiggling my brows, teasing a reaction out of her. Of course, I'd get the reaction I always wanted... She glares at me, mouth twisted in annoyance, cheeks red in furious. I was about to push another sentiment to push her to the edge, pero bigla umubo sila Jun.

"Ehem– Maya na landian, maawa naman kayo sa mga single." He snickers.

"What?" Excuse him, single din naman ako ha? So, should I also feel sorry for myself? I looked at Jun tired of his... bs.

"Oh, shut up Jun!" Alexa said, napatingin ako sa kanya. An idea struck me...

"Naglalandian naman tayo dibaa?" I asked her, joke-slash-curious... Although, a little bit on the curious side, tayo mga lodi... Alexa just stares at me with an incredulous look on her face, I grinned at her widely– "Diba babe? My sweet little thing~" pinching her cheek. She blushed, a sputtering mess. It took me a lot of strength not to laugh and coo at her.