CHAPTER 5

HIM

It's almost been a week since Alexa arrived, and I couldn't be any more happier. But I noticed that she's quite different from the Alexa I knew... I wanted her to get along with my friends too, pero parang malabo eh, with the way she acts. I can sense that she still feels uncomfortable around my friends.

Every time I ask her to hang out with us, she would always say she's busy but I know that it's not the whole truth, well... hindi mo naman mapipilit ang tao, kung ayaw niya talaga. I just hope that somehow or some way, she'd open up din with my friends... I mean you'd want your friends to be friends din with your other friends diba.

As I was moping and feeling quite bitter about the Alexa agenda, I suddenly felt something hit my back. My brows furrowed in confusion as I looked behind me. It was Jun, pointing at the crumpled paper he threw at me. He began to say something silently gesturing for me to take the crumpled paper. I looked down on the ground and quickly picked up the crumpled paper. I glanced back at Jun and shrugged my shoulders with a confused look. He gestured for me to open and read it. I did as told and found that there was something written on it.

'May extra kang ballpen?'

I slightly choked, holding back a laugh. Akala ko, may sinulat siyang importante, ballpen lang pala hinihingi.

I pulled out a pen from my bag and looked back at Jun, showing him the pen, to which he immediately perked up, nodding. I decided to tease him, grinning, I shook my head, and slowly showed him how I put back my pen from my pencil case. Jun's mouth gaped open, shoulders slumped, and within seconds his expression shifts that of irritation. He raises his fist but takes it back immediately, he puts his hands together with a pout, a 'sige na' spoken silent, pero obvious with the way he was mouthing it. I chuckled and gave in.

I took out the pen and glanced at Mrs. Reyes to see if she wasn't looking, to which she wasn't so I quickly turned and threw the pen over to Jun. Nagulat siya ata, since I saw him panicking, pero good thing he caught it. I suddenly looked back up front, when I heard Mrs. Reyes' voice.

"Ok, are there any more questions?"

No one voiced out. I feel awkward, hindi pa rin kasi ako sanay sa awkward silence. I don't know if I should just ask kahit alam ko naman ang sagot... para hindi left hanging si Ma'am hahaha...

"Wala? sure kayo ha? Sige, so ngayon I would like to ask you to find a partner and work on activities a and b found in page fifteen."

I heard some groans- relate- in annoyance, but still got up and looked for their partners. I was about to get up as well and looked around the room for a partner, nakita ko magkasama sina Senia at Jun, which was quite surprising pero from the looks of it, pinilit na lang nila na magsama, since halos lahat may partner na din, Jun looks at Elias, pouting. I looked over to where Elias was, and he was with his seatmate. Ah, kaya pala.

"Sky, pair tayo..." I looked back and saw Nana, one of my classmates na medyo ko ka close.

"Sige sige." The seat next to me was already empty, so we both sat down again, and we opened the page. We both immediately started answering the activity.

"Shut up Jupiter, magiging Uranus ka talaga if hindi ka titigil sa kakareklamo mo." I looked back at the pair, while laughing out loud.

"Uranus- good one good one."

Jun rolls his eyes. Nana nudges my shoulder, "Ano ba isasagot natin sa box na to?" I looked back and stared at the part where he was pointing at.

"Ah, pwede siguro words lang? Hindi naman inindicate sa instructions na i-draw pa natin."