CHAPTER 28

HIM

"Si Kuya lander." She said as she ended the call.

We were sitting at the couch, and everything was all good when suddenly someone called her and apparently it was that stupid head that suddenly called her.

And in a fucking weekend!?

"Why was he calling you?"

"Because we're co-workers... at the same firm?"

"Wait, what?! So you see that jerkface every day? Why haven't I heard of this?" I looked at Alexa, leaning back on the couch.

"Ah, if what you meant by jerkface is Kuya Lander... then yeah. Hindi mo naman na tanong eh, besides I don't think it was necessary... knowing your relationship with him, I knew you'd react like that."

"Ugh, that guy is up to something..." I said, my eyes narrowing in distaste. 

I would gladly punch him in the face if he was right here in front of me, he is ruining my mood... I know it.

"Skyler, come on... that sounds ridiculous. Ano naman gagawin niya? You've been avoiding him for years, don't you think it's time for you to sort things out with your brother? You know... forgive him? He's your brother... plus it's already in the past–"

"I know it's in the past, but it still haunts me, Alexa. You, of all people, should know this. All those years, you think I have not tried talking to him? That I didn't gather all the courage I needed just to talk to him when in the end, masisira lang yun when he looks at me with cold eyes and avoids me? I treated him like he was really my older brother, I looked up to him, cared for him. Pinagbigyan ko siya ng maraming beses, only for it to be crushed because he doesn't even make an effort to talk to me, to fix things between us. So I got tired of being the bigger person. He doesn't deserve to be called a kuya–"

"Skyler..."

"Mm?"

"Try... try again. I know you Sky, I know you don't mean those things, I know that deep inside, you really want to fix things with you and your brother. And yeah, your brother's a fucking coward, and you deserve an explanation from him. So, open up to him again Sky... and trust me it will all work out. Besides, dito naman ako eh..." Alexa says with the softest tone I've ever heard from her. It made my heart swell, full of love.

Napatigil ako when she laid her head on my chest, spooning me from the side.

"Okay..." I said, nodding.

I hugged her back, embraced her with both of my arms, resting my chin on her head, "So, naging close ba kayo?" I asked, and I heard her chuckle.

"Hm?"

"Ni Lander... while we weren't together..."

"Ahh... I guess? He helped me alot with work."

"Ehhhh, paano naman yung isang lalaki na kasama mo? Ang... si ano... ah Luke ba name nun?" I asked.

I remember Ari talking about him that one time in her graduation, I'm pretty sure he was making me jealous to get me to talk to Alexa that day... It's a good thing I controlled my anger inside of me that time.

"Oh yeah, well sa ibang firm siya, so... but I still see him, and I bet you both would get along when you meet him properly."

Now that I think about it...May ibang lalaki pa ba siya ka close or na meet nung hindi kami?

"Really?"

"Yeah, he is really cool–"

"Oh."

"And kind."