CHAPTER 27

HIM

Last night was a mess.

Nagising ako ng maaga para magluto para kay Alexa, sigurado ako pag gising nun may hangover yun...

Why did she drink that much? I was worried sick, I almost went crazy because of all the things she said while drunk... But because of this, it gave me a reason to see her, though I did plan to talk to her but I just didn't know how. Yesterday, I secretly attended their graduation ceremony. I can't take the thought of not being there for her most important day. I haven't told her this, but I'm so proud of what she achieved... napangiti nga ako nung nakita ko sinusuot niya pa rin ang binigay ko sa kanya na watch.

I cooked up some eggs, and a chicken noodle soup. When I was done, I bought an energy drink in the convenience store nearby, and got the lemon lime flavored gatorade.

When I returned, I sat on the couch, scrolling through my phone as I waited for Alexa to wake up. Suddenly, my manager called me.

Why is it when you're relaxing... someone must ruin it?

He has been calling me since yesterday, ayaw ko naman sagutin kasi alam ko naman mapapagalitan lang ako nun, and I had no time for that today... I want to focus on my Alexa now.

My Remi... I missed her... kahit na sa kabilang room lang siya ngayon, I want to see her... and hold her. But we must be patient, my baby needs rest.

Hours passed by, and finally the door in my room opened...

Despite her disheveled hair and puffy cheeks, I can't help but be endeared by the sight. It's been a long time since I felt my heart beat this fast... she just stood there, wincing, palm on her forehead.

Tumayo ako, "Alexa..." I walked towards her, "How are you feeling?" I asked, grabbing her chin gently and pulled her close, moving my hand to cup her face and rubbing her cheeks gently.

I looked up having our eyes met, my lips automatically formed a smile when I saw her cheeks were blushing red. Hinawakan niya ang kamay ko na nasa kanyang pisngi dahilan para mabitawan ko ito.

"A-ah... I–I uhh... um– what um..."

"You called me last night..." Her eyes widened, still so cute. My eyes roam her face and I can't help tuck a strand of hair behind her ear.

She looked up at me with doe eyes, and because of that I almost went in and kissed her lips. Though, the moment was broken when she suddenly looked away.

"Oh... um s-sorry– a-ah cr lang ako." Umalis siya agad sa harap ko at pumasok sa bathroom.

When she finally got out of the bathroom, kaagad naman siya pumunta ng kitchen, holding on to the back of a chair, avoiding my gaze. Why is she so awkward... But then again, I can't blame her for it.

I stared at her for a while, taking in her appearance. Her hair is a bit damp and face freshed.

Lumapit ako sa kanya, and wiped the dripping water at her forehead, trailing the strand of her hair, placing it behind her ear. I then looked at her eyes, at umiwas naman siya kaagad. She really thought we won't be talking about the conversation we had yesterday?

"If you're wondering... I'm glad you called me..." I said, smiling. Hindi parin siya tumitingin sa akin... I shook my head at that, chuckling as I cupped her cheeks again to make her look at me, "I made some chicken noodles for you, well it's instant but it'll cure your hangover."

I pointed at the table, all prepared. I heard her mutter a thanks and just sat down, hesitating still... I felt a bit dismayed because of that, hmm...