CHAPTER 2

HIM

We were at the canteen, the day has finally come and kakatapos lang ng mass. We were given a break before the next activity started.

"Taena, bakit ako lang mag-isa." Ari complained, as he took a bite of his sandwich. Munching with a frown etched on his face.

"Ouy, anong mag-isa, may mga kasama ka naman na iba. Hala, ok lang ba mga mata mo Ari?" Jun questioned, but it seemed like he was just teasing Ari.

Binatukan naman siya bigla ni Ari ng plastic wrapper from his sandwich, "Tsk, what I meant by 'bakit ako lang mag-isa', is that ikaw, kasama mo si Elias, at si Andy naman kasama si Senia at Skyler, ako, bakit wala kahit isa sa inyo kasama ko?"

"Karma yan kasi." Senia said, he seemed to be annoyed by what she said.

"Sinadya mo 'to Senia noh?"

"Bakit ako nanaman? I only said the truth besides hindi ko kasalanan wala ka kagrupo kahit isa saamin. Ok lang yan Ri, acceptance is the key." Senia pats his back and Ari sighed in defeat, I silently laugh at them, taking a sip on my chocolate drink.

"Oh well... bilisan niyo na, the games are about to start." Andy says as he gets up from the bench.

We hurriedly finished our snacks, till it was finally time. My heart was beating so fast, probably excited and nervous at the same time...

As we went to the football field, I noticed there were a lot of students already gathered with their group, "Ouy Sky, bilisan mo na." I looked back at Senia, who was waiting for me along with Andy, tumakbo na ako papunta sa kanila and we went to our line.

The leaders, the tenth grade students, took attendance and they seemed satisfied when the group seemed like the group was already completed.

They handed every group a rope, giving it to the leader of the group, what's that for?

"What are we going to do?"

"A Scavenger hunt." Senia said, a scavenger hunt?

"Students, good morning!" Napatingin ako sa harap, I guess that's the student council president, "and we welcome you today, to the acquaintance party of the year twenty twenty, to twenty twenty one, to start the party, and to wake you guys all up, it's time for a scavenger hunt... as some of you may know, there is about twelve stations around the campus, in every station, there is an item, and to get the item, your group must of course, do a task... successfully, if not then... at least you had fun... a map has already been given to the leaders, the group that has lot of items given to them from the station, wins... there is fifteen minutes on the clock, and for the most important rule of all, except for the leaders, the group members must be inside the rope when not doing a task, if a facilitator sees a member outside the rope, you're group is immediately disqualified, before we start, leaders. Please come in front." ok this is kinda intense... they were giving the leader something, it was an... egg?

"What are they giving to the leaders?" I said, tapping Senia's back.

"An egg, the leaders must keep it safe, if it's broken or stolen, then there is a minus point to the score..."

"S-stolen?"

"Kaya nga nasa labas ang mga leaders, so that if they see another teams egg, they can steal it or break it... if they steal, then the leader that stole it will have extra points, then minus points to the one they stole from, but if they break it, then they won't have extra points, but the one with the broken egg will still have a deduction to the teams score, if the egg survives till the end, a hundred points is added to the score."

So protecting the egg is very important then...

"But- isn't that a bit... dangerous?"

"Taena, hindi naman dapat aggressive, that's too much. Grabe ka Sky."