CHAPTER 20

HIM

I can't believe that this school year is almost done, damn... it's almost three years since I've majored in theater arts... and I've grown to love it. Especially our directing classes, this year I've focused on theater production and other related fields in directing, like media arts, stage management, production management and other forms

Hindi nga din ako makapaniwala it's been months since me and Alexa started dating, it's been the best year of my life. Nothing can go wrong–

"Sky! Bilisan mo na, hinihintay ka ni Sir sa office niya."

"Oh, wait lang." I grabbed my bag, and hurriedly went out of the auditorium, going to the office. I don't know why but when I was standing in front of the door, I couldn't help but feel nervous... I knocked and slowly opened the door, "Ah, sir? Good Afternoon sir–"

"Skyler, great you're here... come in and take a seat."

Sinunod ko lang din yun, "Is there something wrong sir?"

"Ah no, nothing's wrong Sky" He said, laughing, making me more anxious, "Don't be nervous, ok?" I nodded slowly, chuckling nervously still, "You should be excited actually... I've got good news for you boy, I've recommended you to a talent scout that I know and they're looking for potential artists, he will come to our play this week, and will evaluate you–"

"Wait what?"

"You'll do good Sky, don't worry, I know you'll impress them... and it's your time to showcase your talent out there."

"But– I... I want to be a director though..."

"Well it's clearly up to you Sky, although I do recommend you to take this opportunity since this could really help you out with the career of your choice."

"Oh... I'll think about it, Sir."

"Great! You still have a week, so think about it well."

"Yes sir, thank you..."

As soon as I got out of the office, I let out a huge sigh and leaned back on the wall with a thud. Should I take the opportunity?

This is like a one-time choice to make, and I fear that I'd regret it if I don't take it but then there's this doubt that maybe maling desisyon ito and I'd end up losing the thing I want the most. I once again let out a deep, deep sigh. I think I'm having a headache coming up with all this thinking.

Ah, bahala na nga, mamaya ko na isipin... there's still a week to think about it...

Yeah, days surely passed by, and all I could think about was the play and the thing. I still don't know if I'm ready for it. The entire week will be all about practice, practice, and Alexa and I barely hang out or even talk these past few days, just a few texts or calls kung naka-uwi na ba or "what are you doing?".

Recently, she too was busy, being an architect and all that. Days passed and the play came close. I've still yet to decide about accepting Prof's offer. Thankfully, Alexa and I got to meet up in our breaks. So, I told her about it.

"I think it's a great opportunity, besides don't you think it could get you a much better experience with acting? It could help you with directing later on..."

Hmm, she truly has a point, besides I am still young... there would be a lot of opportunities for me out there...

"You're right... thanks baby~" I hugged her and she giggled and wrapped her arms around me. We continued with our date.

//

Only one day left until our play. It's an original play written by our org president. It's your typical tragic play like Romeo and Juliet, but this one's a modern and a high school drama, the school is divided into two and the main leads are the leader of each group, eventually trying to outdo each other.