3

-Alia Romano-

I wasn't in the mood to fight anybody tonight. I was a bit worn out from crying then yelling at Alessio.

I opened the cabinet to my exclusive liquor. I don't drink often, so it's a small cabinet.

I had the simplest collection. Mostly tequila. But i also had some whiskey and rum. Vodka ran out last week when Evret came over.

I pulled out a full bottle of tequila, the glass clear as well as the substance inside.

I twisted the bottle open and didn't bother for a cup.

It burned going down my throat but my emotions were to in the way for me to care.

I took a few more sips and I easily felt the effects of it.

Sleep was a long journey from me. But the bottom of this bottle was so close. A few more sips close.

"She really broke up with me." I let slip before a sob. A sob that turned into a laugh.

One cut short as I dropped the glass bottle. I watched it hit the floor and shatter.

I stood there for a few seconds before finally registering what happened. Scrambling to the sink, I pulled the dish towel from its holder and carefully started picking up the broken pieces.

"Shit." I looked down at the crimson color coming from my hand.

It was a lot of blood.

"Alia?" I heard a voice, "Everything okay?"

Matteo. Shit.

I shook the glass from the rag and wrapped it around my hand.

He emerged from the hallway, only in a pair of slacks, the ones he was wearing earlier. But, wow, he looks good. His hair was messy and looked all around great.

"You okay? I heard a crash." He spoke.

"I- uh, y-yeah." I tried my best to not let my words slur.

He stepped closer, "Are you sure?"

I only nodded my head, my eyes already getting heavy.

His eyes surveyed me, just like they have all have all day.

Then his gaze met with the glass surrounding me. He rushed forward.

"Fuck Alia, you're not wearing any shoes." That was his first response before he pulled me to his body with one hand.

God he is so strong. His hands went around my waist as he kept me from falling.

I hid my hand behind my back.

"Alia, what happened?" His tone was deep, but the look in his eyes was something soft.

"I- uh." I stuttered again. My gaze between his face and the glass on the floor.

His hand went higher on my spine, smoothing along the zipper of my dress. My breath hitched.

But he stopped when he felt the rag wrapped around my hand.

"Let me see." He said oh so softly.

I hesitated for a second, still seeing if the alcohol would decide for me. Thank god it didn't.

I sighed heavily and brought my hand to my front.

He slowly unwrapped the towel from my hand, the last bit of cloth sticking to my skin as the blood coated it.

He cursed lightly under his breath.

"Cazzo inferno Alia." Fucking hell Alia

"I've had worse." I happen to say. His look held a bit of annoyance.